By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 -could be PS3 timed Exclusive…

Bodhesatva said:
Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I spend about $700 on a computer every few years...and that plays games pretty well...spending about $600-$800 on a computer that you build yourself will probably look like PS3 graphics...and it's way more useful than a PS3. For maxed out settings on every game, it will cost your more like 1500 bucks, but it's really not neccessary.

how much would it cost to get a computer to run crysis ?

At this moment? 1200+. When the game comes out? 1000-. This assumes you build it yourself, by the way.

I say less, considerably less.

http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System%20Requirements/

You should be able to play Crysis with a 700usd PC (which should net you currently a Core2Duo 6300, a ATI 1900 and 1GB of RAM). It will run like molasses with full settings on, but scale the software back to what your hardware can do, and it should run fine. Also, keeping in mind that by the time Crysis is launched, DirectX10 cards should be pretty much standard, driving all DX9 card prices down. DDR3 is also on the horizon, which should also lower DDR2 prices. Finally, ATI may finally release Barcelona, which gives consumers more than one viable multi-core platform to buy (being that AMD should be considerably cheaper then, even more than today when you can buy AM2 chips for well below 100$).

Anyhow, either requirement should be well below 1K once the game is released:

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600 or ATI X1600 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-Core CPU (Athlon X2 / Pentium D / Core 2 Duo)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GT or ATI X1800XL Pro (SM 3.0)
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

Around the Network
gebx said:
PS3 fanboys shouldn't get all excited about this news and not only because it's still a rumour.

Epic didn't just decide that they prefer the PS3... or even that Sony paid Epic for the timed exclusive. The reason they're doing this is because they don't want to go ahead against Halo 3.

Halo 3 is like the giant summer blockbuster movie.. no other movie wants to be released in the same week..

It's the same thing with Haze.. the only reason why it's on PS3 first is because of Halo 3.. not because of Microsoft or Sony.. but Halo 3.

How is that bad for PS3 or PS3 owners again? So yeah they should get excited if this is true. That's like saying 360 owners shouldn't get excited over any game going multiplatform because it just means they want to make money by selling to a bigger amount of people...

Makes no sense at all to try and make excuses what matters is what's happening on the ground not why it is happening... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

To the people saying that this is not an important game on consoles you are totally off, the console versions will totally outsell the PC version by leaps and bounds in the end.

Also this game will sell a lot based on the Epic name now that is known among even among people who buy only few games, they just need to have a thing in big letters on the box that says from the makers of gears of war and trust me they will have that...

Basically this will be the biggest FPS game in the near horizon on consoles outside of Halo 3.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
gebx said:

How is that bad for PS3 or PS3 owners again? So yeah they should get excited if this is true. That's like saying 360 owners shouldn't get excited over any game going multiplatform because it just means they want to make money by selling to a bigger amount of people...

Makes no sense at all to try and make excuses what matters is what's happening on the ground not why it is happening... 

Sorry I didn't mean for my post to imply that it was a bad thing for PS3..

ckmlb said:
To the people saying that this is not an important game on consoles you are totally off, the console versions will totally outsell the PC version by leaps and bounds in the end.

Also this game will sell a lot based on the Epic name now that is known among even among people who buy only few games, they just need to have a thing in big letters on the box that says from the makers of gears of war and trust me they will have that...

Basically this will be the biggest FPS game in the near horizon on consoles outside of Halo 3.

PC gamers market is alot bigger then the console market, not sure if you play on The Sim Exchange but this is what they predict

Unreal Tournament (Xbox 360)931K copies93.060.000.00%
Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)2.00M copies200.37+1.31+0.66%
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)836K copies83.590.000.00%

I think the 360 and PC numbers look good, but the PS3 estimate is way too high.

I'd be surprised if total of console(ps3 + 360) games is greater then the total of PC games sold

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)