Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 -could be PS3 timed Exclusive…

who cares your gonna play this on the pc, not on a console. its nice people can play this on a console when they havent got a good computer, but most fans of unreal are die-hard computer gamers.



Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
who cares your gonna play this on the pc, not on a console. its nice people can play this on a console when they havent got a good computer, but most fans of unreal are die-hard computer gamers.

Well.. I will, but others won't.

But yeah, this is basically a computer game that console gamers can nibble at.



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Yeah, this topic doesn't matter to me....I'm playing this on the PC.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'll probably buy it. I gave up on PC gaming a while ago, what with a top end gfx card costing almost as much as a ps3. So long as I get my keyboard and mouse in a good place on the ps3 it'll all be grand !



Yes

ion-storm said:
I'll probably buy it. I gave up on PC gaming a while ago, what with a top end gfx card costing almost as much as a ps3. So long as I get my keyboard and mouse in a good place on the ps3 it'll all be grand !

 Computer Gaming is too expensive eh? You casuals are so silly!  :p



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
ion-storm said:
I'll probably buy it. I gave up on PC gaming a while ago, what with a top end gfx card costing almost as much as a ps3. So long as I get my keyboard and mouse in a good place on the ps3 it'll all be grand !

Computer Gaming is too expensive eh? You casuals are so silly! :p


yeah, buying a budget video card every few years is usually good enough.  I'm still running my geforce 4200, so I've been done with FPS for awhile.  Time to upgrade soon for possibly Bioshock and some others...although I can play Counter-strike source so that's all that really matters.



URNotE said:
ckmlb said:
JSF said:
Who cares if a game is a "timed exclusive" or not. It means it's not really exclusive. Are there people out there that actually go, "hey, I can't wait the 6 months for this game to come out on the console that I own - I will have to fork over the several hundred additional dollars to buy the other console just so I can play it a little earlier"?

 Coming out on PS3 6 months before 360 means it will increase the sales of this game on PS3. Also if it was the other way around and it came to 360 6 months before PS3 then that would decrease sales a lot (Elder Scrolls, Rainbow Six) so timed exclusives definitely matter.

That's why MS got timed exclusives of Ace Combat and Eternal Sonata because that will boost its sales than if it was coming same time or later than on the PS3. 


exactly

also if you were choosing between a ps3 and a 360 a timed exclusive on a massive game like this might be a major factor

 



windbane said:
Bodhesatva said:
ion-storm said:
I'll probably buy it. I gave up on PC gaming a while ago, what with a top end gfx card costing almost as much as a ps3. So long as I get my keyboard and mouse in a good place on the ps3 it'll all be grand !

Computer Gaming is too expensive eh? You casuals are so silly! :p


yeah, buying a budget video card every few years is usually good enough. I'm still running my geforce 4200, so I've been done with FPS for awhile. Time to upgrade soon for possibly Bioshock and some others...although I can play Counter-strike source so that's all that really matters.


Agreed. And honestly, I poke fun, but I do recognize that there is a middle ground which many people prefer -- they are willing/want to spend more money on a system than 250 dollars in order to get better graphics, but also are not willing to spend 1.5k+ on a new computer gaming rig (even if that rig can be upgraded from then on at 1-200 dollar intervals). For such people, the 360 and PS3 are an attractive compromise. 



http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I spend about $700 on a computer every few years...and that plays games pretty well...spending about $600-$800 on a computer that you build yourself will probably look like PS3 graphics...and it's way more useful than a PS3. For maxed out settings on every game, it will cost your more like 1500 bucks, but it's really not neccessary.



LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Later... like 7 days later for Haze PC/X360 ?