By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct, June 18, 2024, 10 AM EST

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

10 18 25.71%

9 28 40.00%

8 15 21.43%

7 6 8.57%

6 2 2.86%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.43%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:70

Really good Direct and gives us this for their likely full 2024 lineup

January 19-Another Code: Recollection
February 16-Mario vs. Donkey Kong
March 22-Princess Peach: Showtime!
May 2-Endless Ocean: Luminous
May 23-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
June 27-Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD
July 18-Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
September 26-The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
October 17-Mario Party: Jamboree
November 7-Mario & Luigi: Brothership

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
h2ohno said:

Prime 4's sales potential likely depends on what else is in the Switch 2 launch lineup. If there's a new 3D Mario or Mario Kart 9 at launch, Prime 4 will struggle to sell more than 5 million. If it has a month or so as the biggest launch game like how BOTW had a while before MK8Deluxe came out, 10 million is doable.

Echoes of Wisdom will likely be the lowest-selling Zelda on Switch by virtue of coming out so late in the lifecycle and being slightly more niche than other Zeldas.

Asking Prime 5 to sell more than 5 million was always a huge ask, no Metroid game has come close to 5 million, if Prime 4 can get there that would be a huge success for the IP. 

Zelda: EoW I'll put at maybe 4 million LTD.

If Prime 4 is THE big Nintendo game at launch, then it will sell more because people won't have other options. BOTW would not have sold as well as it did if Mario Kart was a launch game.  The more people who buy Prime 4 at launch, the more positive word of mouth will spread, and the more it will continue to sell in the months and even years going forward from that initial momentum.  Conversely, if Prime 4 has to compete with something like a Mario Kart or 3D Mario, it could lose 2/3 of its sales potential right out of the gate and never get the momentum needed to come anywhere near 10 million.

Feels bad man

Metroid Prime 4 is finally shown and looking terrific so far, beautiful new 2D Zelda with playable Zelda and a twist to the gameplay, new Mario and Luigi on steroids both visually and gameplay wise, new Mario Party with tons of boards both new and old (which is what most people have been asking for years), Dragon Quest III HD-2D pushing the original game a lot more than, let's say, Live a Live remake...

I don't know, for a 7 year old console (8 when it recieves Prime 4) I think this Direct was fantastic and destroyed even the most optimistic expectations.

h2ohno said:
Soundwave said:

Asking Prime 5 to sell more than 5 million was always a huge ask, no Metroid game has come close to 5 million, if Prime 4 can get there that would be a huge success for the IP. 

Zelda: EoW I'll put at maybe 4 million LTD.

If Prime 4 is THE big Nintendo game at launch, then it will sell more because people won't have other options. BOTW would not have sold as well as it did if Mario Kart was a launch game.  The more people who buy Prime 4 at launch, the more positive word of mouth will spread, and the more it will continue to sell in the months and even years going forward from that initial momentum.  Conversely, if Prime 4 has to compete with something like a Mario Kart or 3D Mario, it could lose 2/3 of its sales potential right out of the gate and never get the momentum needed to come anywhere near 10 million.

Zero chance Prime 4 is the Switch 2 "big launch" game. It'll be a secondary support game, Mario Kart and/or new Mario are definitely gonna be there. 

Around the Network

Best direct of this generation for me.

The style of Mario and Luigi Partnership is fantastic.
The new Zelda (spinn-off?) looks fun.
The atmosphere of Prime 4 matches the original games, got goosebumps.

Getting the Ace Attorney investigation games including the second game officially over from Japan is a highlight for me. It is one of the fan-favorites in the series but I never got around to playing the fan-translation. The upgraded graphics is dope as well.

A few other great upcoming releases as well. Jrpg-fans had a field day.

All in all a great direct. Multiple games I want to play and a few surprises.

Nintendo wins June. Easily.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Wow actual new Nintendo games are coming out on Switch! I figured maaaaybe we get one new game and everything else is just ports/remakes.

New Mario & Luigi is cool.

And new Mario Party makes sense to slip one out before next gen starts to take advantage of a 140+ million user base.

Wow new 2D Zelda! Ever since I heard about the Switch I figured it would mean we'd get both 2D and 3D Zelda on a single system from here on out. I had given up on that happening on Switch but finally a new 2D Zelda just before the gen ends! Super excited to check this game out more.

Wowwwww finally Metroid Prime 4! I had completely given up on this game still being a Switch game. Figured it'd be like a holiday 2025 next gen game. I wonder if we'll get ports/remakes of MP2 and MP3 before this comes out. Anyway great way to end the Direct! Looks great!

Other stuff:

NES Championship thing looks cool.

I got excited for Boxing when it said Switch Sports but its just basketball. They definitely should have just added Boxing.

Not even sure what Mio is gonna be like but it looks real pretty and could be a fun action platformer.

A bit disappointed DKC Returns remake instead of new DKC game. I figured we'd get a new Donkey Kong (not of the "Country" series) game this year or next year as either the final new Nintendo game on Switch or an early next gen game. Instead just a Wii remake.

Dragon Quest 2D-HD games look cool! Love that graphical style to bring back old school RPGs.

Woah new NSO games are great. Adding Turok and Perfect Dark are huge additions to the N64 library, and great GBA additions as well.

This was a great Direct. The Switch is getting a wonderful sendoff.

Zelda, Metroid Prime 4, Mario & Luigi, and the Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection are the standouts for me.

9/10

MvC and Metroid, so it was pretty good. Also, a Zelda game with Zelda.