By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct, June 18, 2024, 10 AM EST

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

10 18 25.35%

9 29 40.85%

8 15 21.13%

7 6 8.45%

6 2 2.82%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.41%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:71
KLXVER said:
Pajderman said:

Hoping for a new 2D Zelda and anything at all from Retro studios.
A new ace attorney would be great.
If I could dream remakes of the two hotel dusk games. Or a new game in the same style.

I think we will get a Mario spin off, Mario Party or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, a few more N64 rare titles to Nintendo online, some 3rd party ports, a new remaster and finally a first trailer of Metroid Prime 4 the last big Switch release.

If there is at least one game I want to play that's enough for me to rate it the best direct in the past 3 years.

Not interested in Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Tears Of The Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario TTYD, Kirby And The Forgotten Land, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayonetta 3...?

Actually, not really.

The most interesting thing for me lately is the Another Code recollection and that is mostly for bringing my hops op that Hotel Dusk is not totally dead. I was a bit hyped for Wonder but did not enjoy it when I tried. I like linear Zelda games and 2D Zelda games, Probably kind of alone in not liking Breath of the wild (or Elden ring) games that I gave several multi hour sessions playing.

The first Bayonetta was cool, but after I played through it I was kind of done with the ultra action gameplay and never got long in the second game and skipped the third.  

I'm probably just gotten old and cranky but there are very few new games that I want to play instead of replaying games I love from the past. RE4 remake and Baldurs Gate 3 are great games. On switch my currently most played game is Tetris 99, but I liked New Pokemon Snap a lot and play many things on switch online. But nothing new for the system have kept me playing for long. 

Do not mean to say that there is nothing to play for the past years, there are a lot of things to play, just not on switch and for me. 

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Remake on seasons would be cool.

Would like this a lot. But lost my hope for it when they put the GBC games on Nintendo online. Great game still even if I think the more puzzle oriented ages is superior. 

I'd take any of the following

-Nintendo first party
-Square Enix
-Capcom
-Bamco
-SEGA/Atlus/Vanillaware

Also game specific

-Zelda Twilight Princess
-Zelda Wind Waker
-Zelda OoT 3D
-Zelda MM 3D
-Link to the Past remake
-Oracle of Ages/Seasons remake
-New DKC game
-New 2D or 3D Mario
-New Kirby 2D or 3D game that isnt a non-platform game
-Remaster or remake of a older Fire Emblem Game
-Remake or remaster of Golden Sun, Earthbound games
-Any paper mario re-release (Super Paper Mario, Sticker Star, Color Splash)
-Any Star Fox game , be it remaster, remake, etc
-Resident Evil Classics (1, 2, 3, Code Veronica)
-Terranigma, Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, Xenogears, Paladin's Quest remakes/remasters
-Xenosaga remasters/remakes
-Dragon Quest 1/2/3 HD-2D
-Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, or IX ports of any kind (remasters or remakes)
-Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald NSO ports
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 native port
-Star Ocean Till the end of Time remaster/remake
-A Tekken game, can be a port or a remaster - they can even port Tekken 7.
-A new Tales remaster (Abyss, Legendia, Phantasia, Xillia, Graces, Hearts, Destiny, Eternia)
-A new Darkstalkers game or a remaster

Pajderman said:

Would like this a lot. But lost my hope for it when they put the GBC games on Nintendo online. Great game still even if I think the more puzzle oriented ages is superior. 

Link's Awakening DX is on NSO too , so it could technically still happen.

There were a couple of rumors about it a while ago.

I predict that Skylanders Imaginators will have a remake announced for Switch successor during this showcase. It’ll be the one last thing, as it will be the first game to truly showcase the power of Switch successor. Switch will see it’s first price cut revealed as now $25 for Switch Lite, $30 for Switch OG, and $35 for Switch OLED. Miyamoto will also announce his resignation from the company following scandal which have recently come to light (Doug Bowser did some shady things in NoA…Miyamoto’s jumping from the sinking ship asap!). Doug Bowser announces Nintendo will be going third-party and states that he will be stepping down as CEO, offering Mark Zuckerberg the position. Mark will come out and say that Meta is coming to Switch, and that the new 3D Mario will be released as a PS3 exclusive. Joe Biden will also show up, expressing interest in garnering votes from the Nintendo base.

Around the Network

Heh, a lot of people are predicting a Kirby game. I think that's a safe bet, since the Switch already has a lot of Kirby games and it doesn't show any indication of stopping. Seriously check the e-shop and you'll see several Kirby games on top of the main ones that actually get a physical release.

EDIT: I also want to add that since Switch 2 is not too far away, but Nintendo has an ambitious hardware goal for this FY, this will probably be the last "big" Nintendo Direct with major announcements.  There will be several more Directs after this, but I expect only smaller to medium sized announcements after this Direct.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 18 June 2024

It's really probable that most of the games we'll see are on the smaller scale or remasters/remakes.

Nonetheless, I do think we're gonna see a new game announcement that people aren't expecting at least.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Let's a go ! Mario & Luigi baby and it's an original title !!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Finally got our first farming sim. Took a whole 10 minutes!

Mar1217 said:

Let's a go ! Mario & Luigi baby and it's an original title !!

Direct already exceeded my expectations.  Nintendo continues to impress.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED