By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct, June 18, 2024, 10 AM EST

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct?

10 18 25.71%

9 28 40.00%

8 15 21.43%

7 6 8.57%

6 2 2.86%

5 0 0%

4 1 1.43%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:70

Looking forward to the Marvel v Capcom collection, Echoes of Wisdom, and Prime 4. Been waiting for MvC2 since they announced the Switch. I suppose we can say the same for Prime 4.

Around the Network

F---ing awesome Direct.

Prime 4 alone would have made it a win for me, but throw in a new and unique Zelda, a new Mario & Luigi, new Mario Party, Fantasian, and footage of Horizon Adventures running on Switch, and this is the best Direct since at least September 2021 in my book.

As others have said, it's so goddamn refreshing to have a Nintendo system being properly supported in its twilight years instead of being left to rot on the vine.

Soundwave said:

Very clearly Nintendo keeping anything that could be a 10+ million seller for Switch 2 at this point.

Mario Party Jamboree is a 10+ million seller.

I hope they have a secret game for December , fingers crossed

This really shows that Nintendo has learned from the Wii -> Wii U lesson. Make sure you're investing in software for the next platform, but don't let your successful platform die without any games in its last few years. Switch -> Switch 2 probably will be a lot more stable of a transition for it. Excellent Direct.

sc94597 said:

This really shows that Nintendo has learned from the Wii -> Wii U lesson. Make sure you're investing in software for the next platform, but don't let your successful platform die without any games in its last few years. Switch -> Switch 2 probably will be a lot more stable of a transition for it. Excellent Direct.

It isn’t so much that they learned a lesson as much as it’s a unified platform that allows for a steadier transition.

In previous generations, Nintendo would sometimes have to support 4 separate platforms at the same time during the transition period. Let’s look at 2012 for example.

Fire Emblem: Awakening-February 4 (3DS)

Rhythm Heaven Fever-February 11 (Wii)

PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond-February 27 (Wii)

Mario Party 9-March 11 (Wii)

Kid Icarus: Uprising-March 23 (3DS)

Xenoblade Chronicles-April 6 (Wii)

Mario Tennis Open-May 20 (3DS)

New Play Control: Pikmin 2-June 10 (Wii)

Pokémon Conquest-June 18 (DS)

New Super Mario Bros. 2-August 18 (3DS)

Kirby’s Dream Collection-September 16 (Wii)

Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone-October 1 (3DS)

Pokemon Black/White 2-October 7 (DS)

Style Savvy: Trendsetters-October 22 (3DS)

Paper Mario: Sticker Star-November 11 (3DS)

Nintendo Land-November 18 (Wii U)

Sing Party-November 18 (Wii U)

New Super Mario Bros. U-November 18 (Wii U)

Individually none of the platforms had stellar lineups but overall it’s a really strong, steady & varied release schedule.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

This is actually a very accurate summary of the Direct.

I need new Rhythm Heaven ;( for Switch

That was the best Direct in a long time, I know it was good because I'm still thinking about the games 24hrs later lol

CaptainExplosion said:

The funniest thing is obviously the anime anime anime 😂 

Thought as a JRPG fan ... F*** yeah !

Dragon Quest III HD-2D + I&II, Mario & Luigi Brothership, The Hundred Line, Romancing SaGa 2 remake.

I could sense my bank account sucked in LIVE

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

The funniest thing is obviously the anime anime anime 😂 

Thought as a JRPG fan ... F*** yeah !

Dragon Quest III HD-2D + I&II, Mario & Luigi Brothership, The Hundred Line, Romancing SaGa 2 remake.

I could sense my bank account sucked in LIVE

Me, I'd rather it was focused less on JRPGs and more about games I wanted to see, or at least a more diverse gaming portfolio.