By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best "second party" Nintendo game

Which do you think is the better game?

Banjo Kazooie 10 50.00%

Goldeneye 007 10 50.00%

Total:20

Okay, nominations and over and the poll is live! Voting will last 48 hours.

Which of the poll options do you think is the best, and why?

Around the Network

Star Successor will lose as it's a niche game and I'm prob the only one here who has played it but it is the correct answer.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'm sticking with Banjo. Best hub world ever created. Collectibles were fun and actually were used in the game, instead of worthless filler.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Personally, for me i'd say original pokemon (R/B/Y).
If that's not applicable, then i'll say Smash ultimate.
I feel an honorary mention should go to Chibi-robo too, at the very least. (RIP Skip ;( )

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Today, I’d have landed on Earthbound.

But of the ones on the list, GE007 and Banjo Kazooie are my favourites. I lean more toward GE007 because I played it a lot more. Super Mario RPG and DKC would also be considerations. I’m a fan of Kirby Superstar, that Kirby game listed is one I’ve not played.
If Square games like Mario RPG counts as a “second party” game, then I would have probably picked Chrono Trigger overall - Chrono Trigger is probably in my top 5 favourite videogames of all time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Guess I should have made a nomation earlier as I'm not fond of these choices (I mean I do like Forgotten Land and to a lesser extent DKC).

I guess my pick would be SSBU, since that should technically qualify? Otherwise Astral Chain.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Leynos said:

Star Successor will lose as it's a niche game and I'm prob the only one here who has played it but it is the correct answer.

I've played it. Excellent game. One of my favs on Wii.

I just love games like Banjo Kazooie and DKC even more.

And the winner is... a tie!
Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye 007 are equal in votes, so we will now hold a runoff (another 48 hours) to decide which takes the throne.

Which of these two games do you consider the superior one, and why?

I can’t vote in the poll for some reason, but I’d pick GE007.

My reason is that I have way stronger memories of playing that game, and it was by far my most played N64 game. Don’t get me wrong, I like Banjo Kazooie a lot, even more than Mario 64, but GE007 defined the N64 for me.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I can't vote in face-off poll poll either, it's marked as if I already voted for Banjo Kazooie, which was my original vote anyway, so I'm good - easy pick, given that I played crapload of FPS games on PC in 90s, so Golden Eye didn't really do much for me, and Banjo is still one of the best 3D platformers.