By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best "second party" Nintendo game

Which do you think is the better game?

Banjo Kazooie 10 50.00%

Goldeneye 007 10 50.00%

Total:20
rapsuperstar31 said:
Leynos said:

Eh Goldeneye was only great if you played only on console. PC had much better FPS games in 1997. Many that aged well where GE has aged so poorly. 1997 had Quake II and Hexen 2 on PC.

It was a lot easier to play 4 player Goldeneye with your friends in the living room, versus 3 friends bringing their computers over setting them up to play what I think were called lan parties back in the day.

Online was a thing.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Nothing beats the RTS quality that was Advance Wars. Despite how dificult that game sereis was for me!

BiON!@ 

Super Mario RPG. The original game was great, and the remake was how remakes should be done.

Second-party is confusing because it's not as mentioned as first and third.
If Mother 2 or 3, or Xenoblade Chronicles 3 count then I would pick any of those.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

If Mother 2 or 3, or Xenoblade Chronicles 3 count then I would pick any of those.

Monolith is wholly owned by Nintendo. Monolith is as much a 1st party developer as Naughty Dog is for Sony.  They also assist on Mario Kart/Splatoon/Zelda

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Smash Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Was gonna say Xenoblade Chronicles but that is 1st party as Nintendo owned Monolithsoft even before the original release of that game.

I guess I'll go with Goldeneye. Had it back when I had the 64 as a kid and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Last edited by HebrewGamer - on 17 June 2024

SanAndreasX said:

Super Mario RPG. The original game was great, and the remake was how remakes should be done.

I have purchased the remake, but haven't played it. I'm afraid it might be falling off my radar. I forgot all about it until you just said something. I'm going to have to get on it soon.

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal is what I think is one of if not the best. One of the few times a sequel is infinitely better than its predecessor in every conceivable way, and people still consider those one of, if not the, best entries in the franchise

Mnementh said:

Does Kid Icarus: Uprising count as second party? I am quite confused about that. If not, I nominate Fire Emblem Awakening. I doubt Ganbarions Pandora's Tower falls under the second party umbrella (although Nintendo published), this is a game I like very much. Same with Another Code R from Cing, which was Nintendo published and now in a weird move got a remake as Nintendo first party.

So yeah, my difficulties are in the area of identifying what counts as second party.

Kid Icarus is tricky cos Nintendo owns 72% of Project Sora; for the purposes of this thread though I'll allow it as they're not a wholly owned subsidiary.

Mar1217 said:

I know someone nominated Kirby and the Forgotten Land but having played almost all of the series as of now, Kirby Planet Robobot is the best game in the series in my mind. So yeah, that's my nomination.

Though, technically, Smash Ultimate has been worked on by Bandai Namco lol, so does that count.
Also Metroid Dread is such a banger too.

Nintendo really had it good in terms of collaborations and 2nd party releases this generation. Here's hoping they stay strong for the next one !

Smash counts as a Sora/Bamco production, yes.

Wman1996 said:

Xenoblade is first party as Monolith Soft is wholly owned by Nintendo, but the Mother games count.