By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 23, 2024 (Jun 03 - Jun 09)

The switch got off to a good start this month. I hope it manages to do 50k every week

Around the Network
jvmkdg said:

What do you think Sony could do to increase PS5 sales in Japan? Maybe a price cut or more Japanese games?

Permanent or even temporary price cuts. Both models cost 60k and 67k yen respectively, with the latter selling the most units.

Price is an important factor for consideration before buying even if it's a newer system or not.

Top 30 software now posted.

- Stellar Blade reaches 100k
- 2019 Momotaro Dentetsu game hits 3 million

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

In a couple of weeks, Zelda TOTK will reach the 2M milestone. About 300K+ behind BOTW.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

jvmkdg said:

What do you think Sony could do to increase PS5 sales in Japan? Maybe a price cut or more Japanese games?

Honestly, I don't think there is anything they can do at this point. They've made business decisions that have put them in difficult position for Japanese success. They could drop their censorship policies, invest in a few 1st party studios for Japan, and try to a few titles targeted primarily at the Japanese audience. Those type of changes would take time though. If they instituted those today, you probably wouldn't see the results until the PS6. 

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

Oops, looked like you were being ignored.  

I'm not sure if now would be the right time to pull out of Japan.  They just recently outsold the lifetime sales of both the Original Xbox and the Xbox One combined!  The Series X/S generation is a major presence improvement over 2013-2020. 

I could be so wrong here but I imagine that if they want Japanese developers to create games for Xbox leaving Japan would probably be a bad move as well.

Nice to see Stellar Blade pass 100k so quickly. Not bad for both a PS5 game and especially a new IP.

Switch hardware keeps gaining ground on 2019 YTD. It has no chance at outselling 2019 for the full year, but Switch will be doing extremely well if it can surpass 2019 YTD before the holiday season.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Switch hardware keeps gaining ground on 2019 YTD. It has no chance at outselling 2019 for the full year, but Switch will be doing extremely well if it can surpass 2019 YTD before the holiday season.

It's also tracking more than 200k ahead of 2018 which is insane.

Less than 30% down YOY to date too, despite having its successor soft-announced.