By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 23, 2024 (Jun 03 - Jun 09)

firebush03 said:
deerox said:

Why did Animal Crossing suddenly sell 10k?

Nintendo announced an update to the game (on Twitter), though I didn’t think it was substantial enough to warrant such a boost in Japan?

Wasn't it just an announcement for a partnership with selected aquariums in the US ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

King Switch slaying like there was no tomorrow

Why does Xbox even try? Just pull Xbox out of Japan. PS5 digital alone outsold XSX and S combined in life time sales in Japan.🤭

Why does Xbox even try? Just pull Xbox out of Japan. PS5 digital alone outsold XSX and S combined in life time sales in Japan.🤭

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
firebush03 said:

Nintendo announced an update to the game (on Twitter), though I didn’t think it was substantial enough to warrant such a boost in Japan?

Wasn't it just an announcement for a partnership with selected aquariums in the US ?

I think so, but the Tweet got a fair amount of traction...again, I have no idea why that would've boosted sales in Japan, but that's all I can come up with lol.

I know Switch isn't going to beat 2019 overall since the holidays aren't going to be as big, but it's crazy to me that the Switch's baseline after over seven years is 50% larger than it was when the Switch was just a little over two years old.

Oops, looked like you were being ignored.  

I'm not sure if now would be the right time to pull out of Japan.  They just recently outsold the lifetime sales of both the Original Xbox and the Xbox One combined!  The Series X/S generation is a major presence improvement over 2013-2020. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

53k for Switch is crazy good for a week without a major release in year 8.
It's also approximately 2.5 times the much younger PS5.

Nintendo really is carrying the industry in Japan.

Super Mario Bros Wonder domination carrying the Switch to great sales.