By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 - beautiful French folklore with J-RPG influences | PC / Xbox Series / PS5

-Adonis- said:

Apparently some of the people of this studio are some of the people who have left Ubisoft.

Hopefully it's some of the devs that worked on Child of Light. Probably one of the last Ubisoft games I truly enjoyed. Fantastic turn-based RPG with a wonderful presentation!

Around the Network

Most exciting game in the show for me. Getting FFX/Persona/Lost Odyssey vibes from it.

Yeah, this looked fantastic.

The plot has a bit of a 'baby's first YA book' vibe to it but hey, what matters is the execution right?

Yeah, I wonder how much of the plot might be borrowed from French folklore absurdist literature from the XIX and XX centuries. Those have some whack visual stories.

Anywoo, the gameplay portion immediately screamed Lost Odyssey in my mind with a characteristic UI which will take the Persona approach.
Certainly the kind of game we want to see more.
Funny to think this is done by an Indie team. Hoping for a great success!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Graphics and combat looks really good, the voice work was pretty meh sounded overacted.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, I wonder how much of the plot might be borrowed from French folklore absurdist literature from the XIX and XX centuries. Those have some whack visual stories.

Anywoo, the gameplay portion immediately screamed Lost Odyssey in my mind with a characteristic UI which will take the Persona approach.

Imagine if it was a roguelike and you had to beat it before your characters are too young to do shit :D like Sifu, but in reverse.

Expedition 10 ("Pokémon trainers") here we go.

haxxiy said:
Mar1217 said:

Imagine if it was a roguelike and you had to beat it before your characters are too young to do shit :D like Sifu, but in reverse.

Expedition 10 ("Pokémon trainers") here we go.

Don't know how that could work but this would actually make a good idea for a Sifu sequel haha

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Last edited by Leynos - 6 days ago

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Oh wow. That looks fresh and tidy.

Got my interest but I need more info before I can put it in my top 5 anticipated list lol