By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will GTA6 run at 60fps on PS5 PRO ?

Will GTA6 run at 60fps on PS5 PRO ?

It would run at 4k 60fps. 6 15.79%

It would run at 1440p 60fps. 9 23.68%

It would run at 1080p 60fps. 8 21.05%

Noooo waaaay. 15 39.47%

Total:38

1440p upscaled 30 FPS on PS5 and 1800p upscaled on PS5 pro. The CPU will be the bottleneck.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I would say yes, otherwise what's even the freaking point of making a Pro model.

People who own a 4080 or better are like 0.5% of the market.

It is going to be on a XBox Series S presumably at 30 fps, so we know it can scale down to a 4 teraflop machine. 

Personally, I think Pro models are a waste for current owners.  Performance is about balance, especially with GPU and CPU.  As someone who bought a ps4 Pro I was disappointed with the performance gain.  Pumping up one aspect while keeping the other flat just creates a bottleneck.  I could be wrong, been a while, but I think the ps4 Pro cranked the CPU but memory bandwidth barely moved.  The difference between the two was meh.  The ps4 pro was the only piece of hardware I bought that I regretted.    

edit

the ps4 versus pro also demonstrates how worthless teraflops are.  Massive teraflop increase, but visual output didn't look much different.  Given it was largely the same chipsets, just overclocked a bit.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

I would say yes, otherwise what's even the freaking point of making a Pro model.

People who own a 4080 or better are like 0.5% of the market.

It is going to be on a XBox Series S presumably at 30 fps, so we know it can scale down to a 4 teraflop machine. 

Personally, I think Pro models are a waste for current owners.  Performance is about balance, especially with GPU and CPU.  As someone who bought a ps4 Pro I was disappointed with the performance gain.  Pumping up one aspect while keeping the other flat just creates a bottleneck.  I could be wrong, been a while, but I think the ps4 Pro cranked the CPU but memory bandwidth barely moved.  The difference between the two was meh.  The ps4 pro was the only piece of hardware I bought that I regretted.    

edit

the ps4 versus pro also demonstrates how worthless teraflops are.  Massive teraflop increase, but visual output didn't look much different.  Given it was largely the same chipsets, just overclocked a bit.  

The PS4 Pro had a big GPU power increase while the CPU was only slightly better. Games on the Pro often had higher visual settings but a lot of the visual improvement was from increasing resolution so if something was say 1080p on the base PS4 it could be a significantly higher resolution upscaled to 4K on the Pro. The rumours point to a much smaller rasterisation improvement this time around but a big improvement in ray tracing which if true means the benefits per game will mostly come down to how hard a game pushes ray tracing.

Norion said:
Chrkeller said:

edit

The PS4 Pro had a big GPU power increase while the CPU was only slightly better. Games on the Pro often had higher visual settings but a lot of the visual improvement was from increasing resolution so if something was say 1080p on the base PS4 it could be a significantly higher resolution upscaled to 4K on the Pro. The rumours point to a much smaller rasterisation improvement this time around but a big improvement in ray tracing which if true means the benefits per game will mostly come down to how hard a game pushes ray tracing.

That makes sense and explains a lot.  Don't get me wrong, resolution is nice, but I think we have hit a point where it doesn't have the impact it once had.  Something like RT or ultra settings has way more impact than going from 1080p to 1440p to 4k.  

I think someone looking to buy should go Pro, but someone with the old model, I think the cost of entry is too high and the upgrade just isn't there.  

Edit

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I'll drop resolution before fps and ultra settings.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

PS4 Pro probably could run a bunch of games the stock PS4 cannot (as in it probably could run something like Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart), it's just no one wants to make games and lock out 80%+ of the PS4 audience. That's all it comes down to.

Around the Network

We wont know until we know, we don't even know if the the leaked specs are real or if the console itself is real at this point. Maybe it's real, maybe it was real and Sony cancelled it with the next Xbox rumored to come out early in 26 or 27, maybe it was never real.

Chrkeller said:
Norion said:

That makes sense and explains a lot.  Don't get me wrong, resolution is nice, but I think we have hit a point where it doesn't have the impact it once had.  Something like RT or ultra settings has way more impact than going from 1080p to 1440p to 4k.  

I think someone looking to buy should go Pro, but someone with the old model, I think the cost of entry is too high and the upgrade just isn't there.  

Edit

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I'll drop resolution before fps and ultra settings.  

There will be quality and performance modes and the former should have the settings including RT turned up on it with a sacrifice to resolution. I do wonder how it'll sell compared to the PS4 Pro since Microsoft is seemingly not releasing a more powerful revision this time around so it'll have the advantage of being the most powerful console for a few years but should also be hundreds more expensive than the PS4 Pro was.

Chrkeller said:
Norion said:

Edit

ps4 pro gave a lot of games better performance as well, more locked 30fps and more stable 60fps. 

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Edit

ps4 pro gave a lot of games better performance as well, more locked 30fps and more stable 60fps. 

It did, but still wasn't game changing for the price.  Sometimes newer chips are just required to pump performance.  The Pro was super loud when pushed, sounded like a jet engine.  

Either way fps is most important setting, followed by max/ultra settings, resolution (above 1080p) has the least impact.  Games had the same settings which limited impact.  

I know we are all guessing but I think GTA6 is going to make hardware cry.  It will be till the ps6 that 60 fps is on the table.  Or PC with 4080/4090/5070+.  

I could be wrong though.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I read all comments.
Very helpful, thank you😁