By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spain Hardware Sales - May 2024: Old PS4 beats xbox series

PS5 can no longer get away with high prices and a pisspoor exclusives library. PS4 is still holding its own in engagement and software sales many years later and without the need of hardware production.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

The ratio of almost 12:1 in favor of the PS5 as well.... ouch.

Ontop of this, in the US (the strongest market for the xbox), its trailing over 13% behinde the xbox360, timeline aligned
(even worse than the xbox one).

Xbox sales in 2024 took a nose dive.  I'm pretty sure this is a global situation, thats going on everywhere basically.

Absolutely.

KLXVER said:

PS4 is one of the greatest consoles ever, so its nice to see people still appreciating it.

So true. Love my PS4 (and PS5) so much.

Kyuu said:

PS5

I personally believe that in 2025 we will see the biggest records of all time for a PlayStation (5). Worldwide. Thanks to GTA 6, the new Monster Hunter, Death Stranding 2 etc. And in the next few months we will definitely see the new big game from "Naughty Dog", "Bluepoint Games" (working on a remake and their own IP), "Sony Bend", "Santa Monica" and "Guerilla Games". These will be games with full PS5 power. "Ghost of Tsushima 2" is sure to come out too. What's interesting is that the PS5 is actually outselling the Xbox in EVERY COUNTRY in the world.

KazumaKiryu said:
Kyuu said:

PS5

I personally believe that in 2025 we will see the biggest records of all time for a PlayStation (5). Worldwide. Thanks to GTA 6, the new Monster Hunter, Death Stranding 2 etc. And in the next few months we will definitely see the new big game from "Naughty Dog", "Bluepoint Games" (working on a remake and their own IP), "Sony Bend", "Santa Monica" and "Guerilla Games". These will be games with full PS5 power. "Ghost of Tsushima 2" is sure to come out too. What's interesting is that the PS5 is actually outselling the Xbox in EVERY COUNTRY in the world.

2025 should beat 2024 sales, but probably won't break the record set in 2023 without a permanent pricecut to both PS5 models. Who knows though? GTA6 may push a lot more PS5s than I'm anticipating, especially since it won't be launching on PC, and Xbox is in a weak position.

I originally expected GTA6, MH Wilds, and pricecut to happen in 2024 which I thought would be the peak year. But none of the 3 happened. And I wouldn't rule out GTA6 being delayed to 2026.