By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spain Hardware Sales - May 2024: Old PS4 beats xbox series

Spain Games Market May 2024 Console Hardware Sales:

1. PlayStation 5: 16,300 units

2. switch: 14,900

3. PlayStation 4: 1,800

4. xbox xeries x/s: 1,400

Yes, you read that correctly. The old PS4 outsold xbox series x/s in console sales figures in May 2024. And the PlayStation 5 is #1

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 05 June 2024

Around the Network

The ratio of almost 12:1 in favor of the PS5 as well.... ouch.

Ontop of this, in the US (the strongest market for the xbox), its trailing over 13% behinde the xbox360, timeline aligned
(even worse than the xbox one).

Xbox sales in 2024 took a nose dive.  I'm pretty sure this is a global situation, thats going on everywhere basically.
Xbox need something big, to turn things around.

PS4 is back.

PS4 is one of the greatest consoles ever, so its nice to see people still appreciating it.

I also find it impressive that Switch is still holding it’s own against PS5

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

For funsies, we also have the numbers sold of the Lenovo Go and the RoG Asus PC handheld for one of those weeks.

One had about 100, the other 30 sold.

For those thinking the PC handheld market is actual competing currently with the console market or the Nintendo Switch hybrid, we're still FAAAAAAAAARRRRR from it

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

For funsies, we also have the numbers sold of the Lenovo Go and the RoG Asus PC handheld for one of those weeks.

For those thinking the PC handheld market is actual competing currently with the console market or the Nintendo Switch hybrid, we're still FAAAAAAAAARRRRR from it

I feel like most of the people who buy PC handhelds are Switch and handheld fans owners looking for something new. More so than actual core PC gamers.

JRPGfan said:

The ratio of almost 12:1 in favor of the PS5 as well.... ouch.

Xbox sales in 2024 took a nose dive.  I'm pretty sure this is a global situation, thats going on everywhere basically.
Xbox need something big, to turn things around.

No!!! m$ need to drop out and just stick to 3rd party

The venerable Switch is still selling close to PS5 levels. Go Switch Go!

KLXVER said:
Mar1217 said:

I feel like most of the people who buy PC handhelds are Switch and handheld fans owners looking for something new. More so than actual core PC gamers.

As far as we know there hasn't been any studies on the subject. So it is likely also that a product like these are interesting for the PC market. Sure there's going to be overlapped with handheld fans and Switch owners, but not to a big instance. But that's proven to be so far quite the gamble considering that even the most popular model is barely achieving the 3M-4M range so far. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909