By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

I played a good deal of BO3 on the WiiU. I bought Ghosts and that title burnt me out on the series. I didn't buy another until Vanguard (what a shit title) and that one and all that have come after it peg the fan on my systems. I had a very cool Vader PS4. COD toasted that machine. I replaced it with a used PS4 Pro (the PS5 was still very hard to find in retail). Eventually I got a great deal on a used PS5 and the 4 Pro moved downstairs with the children. I HATE hearing my fans spin to max and stay there while my kids and mostly my brother-in-law play COD most of the evening. They cannot optimize for shit, they give us all a middle finger as their game file sizes baloon, I just think they suck. I appreciated Treyarch for getting us the COD ports on the WiiU, beyond that F' em. This time around with Switch2 to likely to be as gimped for storage as the last 3 Nintendo systems I have zero interest in going out and buying more storage for one game where they could have tried harder to compress and optimize to keep the file sizes down.

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:

I played a good deal of BO3 on the WiiU. I bought Ghosts and that title burnt me out on the series. I didn't buy another until Vanguard (what a shit title) and that one and all that have come after it peg the fan on my systems. I had a very cool Vader PS4. COD toasted that machine. I replaced it with a used PS4 Pro (the PS5 was still very hard to find in retail). Eventually I got a great deal on a used PS5 and the 4 Pro moved downstairs with the children. I HATE hearing my fans spin to max and stay there while my kids and mostly my brother-in-law play COD most of the evening. They cannot optimize for shit, they give us all a middle finger as their game file sizes baloon, I just think they suck. I appreciated Treyarch for getting us the COD ports on the WiiU, beyond that F' em. This time around with Switch2 to likely to be as gimped for storage as the last 3 Nintendo systems I have zero interest in going out and buying more storage for one game where they could have tried harder to compress and optimize to keep the file sizes down.

High operating fan speeds doesn't mean a game is not optimized.It means the game is demanding.Games can be optimized, be extremely demanding on the hardware and thus drive up power consumption and thermals which necessitates a higher level of cooling... Aka. Higher fan speed.Call of Duty looking the way it does at 60fps is a testament to many factors, sloppy optimization I wouldn't characterize as one of them.If you are worried about noise, Xbox is the place to be since the Xbox One dropped. The launch Xbox One with it's monolithic VCR design was silent, the oversized fan would spin slowly combined with a large volume of air in the chassis reduced any kind of noise. - You would actually hear the mechanical Hard Drive before you ever heard the fan.Same went for the One S, One X, Series S and Series X.As for Nintendo's next platform, I am okay with limited storage, provided it's expandable/replaceable... I would rather Nintendo invested more heavily into the Ram side of the equation considering it's supposed to be a platform people are using until 2035 potentially.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Speaking of being demanding, last year's MW3 really struggled on the Xbox One, with the framerate spending most of its time well below 60fps and even falling close to 30fps at stress points:

I wonder if we'll eventually get to the point where, like a lot of multiplats these days, it comes to PS4 but not Xbone in like 2026 or something.

At this point I'm starting to wonder if we'll see a CoD releasing on PS4/PS5/PS6 simultaneously. What should we call these? "DoubleCrossGen"? Yikes.

Kyuu said:

At this point I'm starting to wonder if we'll see a CoD releasing on PS4/PS5/PS6 simultaneously. What should we call these? "DoubleCrossGen"? Yikes.

Wouldn't be the first time; FIFA 14 released on PS2, PS3, and PS4.

Around the Network

I miss the good ol original black ops days on the 360. Though really happy i will be able to play black ops 6 on my xbox one.

BiON!@