By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

Chrkeller said:

309 gb file size and always online even during campaign. Lol, to each their own, but for me -> **** Activision. Strong pass.

Holy fuck. Yeah, that's a pass for me too. What system is that on? Campaign actually looked good too but I'm not wiping 300 gig space for one game. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
Chrkeller said:

309 gb file size and always online even during campaign. Lol, to each their own, but for me -> **** Activision. Strong pass.

Holy fuck. Yeah, that's a pass for me too. What system is that on? Campaign actually looked good too but I'm not wiping 300 gig space for one game. 

Not sure to be honest.  Activision said that includes other CoD games that come with it, thus Ops 6 (by itself) won't be 300 gb.  But they didn't say how big the game would be either.  I'm guessing 150 to 200 gb?  It was for the ps5 and Xbox Series.  Either way, certain companies really need to work on their compression.  One of the reasons I am wanting on Rebirth for PC is because I don't want to take up 150 gb on the ps5.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Of course that the new Call of Duty is also coming to previous gen, simply because MS want to recoup as much money as possible from its massive investment.

I’m a few days late and the discussion has moved on but holy shit, I’ve seen a lot of dumb arguments over semantics on this site but this might be one of the dumbest. “It’s not mandatory, therefore it’s not a core feature!” As if “core” feature has a set definition.

The whole point of Switch is its ability to play anywhere or anyway you want. Most people focus on the “anywhere” portion by being able to play handheld or console modes but the Joy-Cons versatility allows for the “anyway” portion.

A single Joy-Con sideways is essentially a SNES controller, 2 Joy-Cons in the grip becomes a standard dual analog controller, Joy-Cons upright act as a Wii Remote or Wii Remote+Nunchuck.

Again, the whole point of the Joy-Con is it’s versatility that allows for multiple pays to play games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I wonder if it gets to the point where, like Black Ops III on PS3/360, they axe the campaign on last gen and make it multiplayer only.

I'm very interested to see how this one runs on last gen as the previous few entries have started to buckle a lot on the Xbone especially.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I wonder if it gets to the point where, like Black Ops III on PS3/360, they axe the campaign on last gen and make it multiplayer only.

I'm very interested to see how this one runs on last gen as the previous few entries have started to buckle a lot on the Xbone especially.

Yep, it's gonna be janky I'd reckon on base ps4 and Xbone. I'm hoping it won't be so bad on PRO and the file size isn't 100 gig plus. 

Always online is always a shitty requirement, but this is the first time I've heard this particular excuse, that it needs to be online cos it's streaming all of its textures from a server.

Sounds like bullshit to me since there are countless other big games that don't need to do so.

curl-6 said:

Always online is always a shitty requirement, but this is the first time I've heard this particular excuse, that it needs to be online cos it's streaming all of its textures from a server.

Sounds like bullshit to me since there are countless other big games that don't need to do so.

With their file sizes I have to press X to doubt. What does that even mean, pop in if your Internet hiccups or is to slow, my ass would they allow that. I'm praying for a return to form for the series with this, the campaign looks so cool and the time period is perfect but they keep disappointing and it isn't even close to being out yet. I really hope to see them explore black hawk down along side the gulf War but I'm going to assume they'll screw us out of that aswell. 

LegitHyperbole said:
curl-6 said:

With their file sizes I have to press X to doubt. What does that even mean, pop in if your Internet hiccups or is to slow, my ass would they allow that. I'm praying for a return to form for the series with this, the campaign looks so cool and the time period is perfect but they keep disappointing and it isn't even close to being out yet. I really hope to see them explore black hawk down along side the gulf War but I'm going to assume they'll screw us out of that aswell. 

Yeah, I had this hilarious image in my head of my internet dropping out for a sec and suddenly the game looks like Starfox on the SNES, all flat shaded polygons. 

The reality's likely less funny; you're probably just given an error message and booted to the menu. Online requirements for solo play are trash.

I've been absent from the COD scene for a long time and was starting to consider hopping back in, but this is a big turnoff.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 June 2024

Makes no sense to me. Online to stream textures? Based on the file size I'm pretty sure I'm installing textures on my HDD.

I haven't touched CoD in a long time. As far as I'm concerned Activision ruined the series.

Activision is lazy.  Same with EA and a lot of the time Ubi.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED