By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

Chrkeller said:
Phenomajp13 said:

If online gaming is a core focus for Sony/MS then motion is a core focus for Nintendo since both are optional. 

Congrats?  I don't view online as a core focus for Sony.  it is an option.  But given Gow, Ghost, Spiderman, Uncharted, Last, Ratchet...  you know all those single player games...  I wouldn't call online a core focus for Sony.  Maybe that will change with Helldiver's success, time will tell.  But I would say Sony's core focus is still single player games.  Online is an option they provide.  I wouldn't call the speaker in the controller a core focus, despite it is there and some games use it. 

Here is the bigger question.  My position that motion is a secondary thought for Nintendo, why does that bother you?  I mean seriously, why?   

It doesn't bother me, I simply think it's also a core feature but hybrid is the focal point in your words. I get your perspective now, there are focal points and then everything else is secondary. Including online gaming, you remained consistent so I have to respect that.

Around the Network

It is all good. Language is hard to interpret and can lead to misalignment. Not a big deal. Plus I'm not always consistent with wording.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

It is all good. Language is hard to interpret and can lead to misalignment. Not a big deal. Plus I'm not always consistent with wording.

Honestly I have to learn to dail it back because honestly you aren't a Nintendo troll. I think you are a hardcore gamer that gets frustrated with Nintendo's decisions sometimes. Which I do as well but I learned to live with who they are. It's like accepting people for who they are instead of how we view them. I learned to love them for all the quirky/gimmicky stuff because I know it's what they love. Their saying is, to surprise and delight and they genuinely believe that. I don't frown when I see things like Labo, as a matter of fact, man when I saw Labo I was smiling ear to ear because that's what makes them special and it makes them happy. Always aiming to surprise and delight. Of course, I was blown away by BoTW lol, open world Zelda? Count me in! Legends Arceus and when I saw Scyther in full scale in that area, that put the fear of God in me. We love Nintendo and hate the dumb decisions but it's not about viewing them as perfect because honestly they suck lmao but I have learned to accept it and allow them to be who they are. They come with pros and cons like everything else but I'll gladly take it with all the good they come with. 

I personally get bent out of shape with Wii/motion controls because I think the Wii has done too much for the industry to continously disrespect it. Think about this for a second, I did an experiment with my friends the Christmas before last to show them just how far of a reach the Wii had. We put all of our gaming consoles on a table from all the PSs to Xboxs, to all of Nintendo consoles and asked people that aren't gamers to identify each console. Unless you are familiar with the console majority of the family could not identify which was a PS2 or PS5 or Sega Saturn or NES. The one console that everyone could identify with ease was Wii. Wii reached a level of stardom outside of gaming that was insane. We should appreciate that and not punish it for Nintendo's or 3rd parties taking advantage of the moment and shoehorning motion into everything just to make a quick buck from the most viral console we have ever seen. Motion controls should always be optional because honestly just people with disabilities shouldn't be left behind but motion controls are hear to stay.

I personally separate everything like this. You have your headling feature such as motion for Wii, assemtric gameplay for WiiU, and hybrid for Switch. Then you have core features that may have even been headline features in the past but are no longer new and hot like motion controls and touch screens. Then secondary are the features that could be left behind eventually like the ir pointer from Wii (Im still heartbroken over this, ill sacrifice motion and touch for ir pointer lol). Of course all of this adjust with the times. Motion, Touch, and 3D were headling/focal at one point but now are old. So either they become core(motion/touch) or are dropped like 3D. 

But that's the end of my rant, just wanted to get this off my chest to you bro. 

Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

Honestly I have to learn to dail it back because honestly you aren't a Nintendo troll. I think you are a hardcore gamer that gets frustrated with Nintendo's decisions sometimes. Which I do as well but I learned to live with who they are. It's like accepting people for who they are instead of how we view them. I learned to love them for all the quirky/gimmicky stuff because I know it's what they love. Their saying is, to surprise and delight and they genuinely believe that. I don't frown when I see things like Labo, as a matter of fact, man when I saw Labo I was smiling ear to ear because that's what makes them special and it makes them happy. Always aiming to surprise and delight. Of course, I was blown away by BoTW lol, open world Zelda? Count me in! Legends Arceus and when I saw Scyther in full scale in that area, that put the fear of God in me. We love Nintendo and hate the dumb decisions but it's not about viewing them as perfect because honestly they suck lmao but I have learned to accept it and allow them to be who they are. They come with pros and cons like everything else but I'll gladly take it with all the good they come with. 

I personally get bent out of shape with Wii/motion controls because I think the Wii has done too much for the industry to continously disrespect it. Think about this for a second, I did an experiment with my friends the Christmas before last to show them just how far of a reach the Wii had. We put all of our gaming consoles on a table from all the PSs to Xboxs, to all of Nintendo consoles and asked people that aren't gamers to identify each console. Unless you are familiar with the console majority of the family could not identify which was a PS2 or PS5 or Sega Saturn or NES. The one console that everyone could identify with ease was Wii. Wii reached a level of stardom outside of gaming that was insane. We should appreciate that and not punish it for Nintendo's or 3rd parties taking advantage of the moment and shoehorning motion into everything just to make a quick buck from the most viral console we have ever seen. Motion controls should always be optional because honestly just people with disabilities shouldn't be left behind but motion controls are hear to stay.

I personally separate everything like this. You have your headling feature such as motion for Wii, assemtric gameplay for WiiU, and hybrid for Switch. Then you have core features that may have even been headline features in the past but are no longer new and hot like motion controls and touch screens. Then secondary are the features that could be left behind eventually like the ir pointer from Wii (Im still heartbroken over this, ill sacrifice motion and touch for ir pointer lol). Of course all of this adjust with the times. Motion, Touch, and 3D were headling/focal at one point but now are old. So either they become core(motion/touch) or are dropped like 3D. 

This explains why you are such a defender of it, especially when you smile at crap like labo.

Sorry but looking at the wii it hasn't done much for the industry, fresh new concept sure that was fun at the time but the execution was bad for the most part. we could have had hardware that could have made nintendo games like botw in 2007 that would have did a lot more for the industry then motion controls which for the most part don't add nothing of significance to the majority of games we love. even the gyro aiming that we have today is very poorly done emulating analogs its pales in comparison to native gyro and miles behind keyboard and mouse. The saddest thing is you acknowledge half assed attempts motion controls but the ones that really have it as it's core is VR that's where motion controls are the core gameplay not some shaking that really adds nothing except making controls less responsive.

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

This explains why you are such a defender of it, especially when you smile at crap like labo.

Sorry but looking at the wii it hasn't done much for the industry, fresh new concept sure that was fun at the time but the execution was bad for the most part. we could have had hardware that could have made nintendo games like botw in 2007 that would have did a lot more for the industry then motion controls which for the most part don't add nothing of significance to the majority of games we love. even the gyro aiming that we have today is very poorly done emulating analogs its pales in comparison to native gyro and miles behind keyboard and mouse. The saddest thing is you acknowledge half assed attempts motion controls but the ones that really have it as it's core is VR that's where motion controls are the core gameplay not some shaking that really adds nothing except making controls less responsive.

Zeldaring, you my friend are hilarious! Do you have children? I ask because did you not find it charming that Labo aimed to teach children about programming? How about during the holidays, all the family is in town and we all are looking for a good time so we pull put Wii or now Switch? Can you really knock that kind of stuff or are you just the grinch?

Around the Network

There are better ways to teach children about programming then ripping them off for over priced cardboard.

Gaming has brought families together since the original nes days it's not something exclusive to wii, Switch or motion controls.

Sorry I'm not gonna celebrate shaking a controller  or kinect over stronger hardware which at the time was massive difference for better gaming.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 07 June 2024

Can we get back on topic?
The thread is about Black Ops 6 on PS4/Xbone, not motion controls.

curl-6 said:

Can we get back on topic?
The thread is about Black Ops 6 on PS4/Xbone, not motion controls.

I think going forward all games will run on every hardware. I can't even imagine a game not being to run on ps5 and what it would cost. If you love gaming then I think selling your old hardware and putting 300$ up for new hardware for 6 years is a worth while investment but if you don't care about performance and better graphics then it's fine.

Games are scalable, PC has been doing this for over a decade. I can see games being released on all kinds of hardware.

The problem isn't BO6 being released in old hardware, the problem is console gamers aren't used to cross gen or seeing their exclusives ported.

In a couple of years I'm not sure how different consoles and PC will be.  The line is blurring.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

309 gb file size and always online even during campaign. Lol, to each their own, but for me -> **** Activision. Strong pass.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED