By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

@zeldaring I'll stop wasting my time with you, you are the same silly individual that uses YouTube views to determine which game will sale more. Your over reliance on the internet was your downfall before and clearly it taught you nothing.

@Chrkeller Your observation is silly as well, why are you so focused on Zelda? You have been given several examples of mandatory motion controls on Switch games in franchises that are bigger such as Mario and Pokemon. Maybe people consider you a Nintendo distractor because you post like one? Who expects you to view Nintendo as perfect? Because we have a different opinion? How about you take some responsibility for your own post such as "Nintendo games will be on PC in 10 years" or "motion controls aren't core to Nintendo consoles". None of that is true and you are given several examples and just plainly bat them down because you dont play them, like we care what you play. If you made a top 10 list for both Wii and Switch you will not see a focus shift, you will see Nintendo games with the difference being Wii will have more popular market expanding games and Switch will have Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Mario Kart is the highest selling game which offers optional motion controls but you would rather focus on Zelda? Why not use it? You arent fulling anyone, you are just purposely being disingenuous. You refuse to even answer what is or isn't core on any console. So I'll leave you with this, is online gaming a core feature? Since it's optional, I guess not.

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 07 June 2024

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

@zeldaring I'll stop wasting my time with you, you are the same silly individual that uses YouTube views to determine which game will sale more. Your over reliance on the internet was your downfall before and clearly it taught you nothing.
@Chrkeller Your observation is silly as well, why are you so focused on Zelda? You have been given several examples of mandatory motion controls on Switch games in franchises that are bigger such as Mario and Pokemon. Maybe people consider you a Nintendo troll because you post like one? Who expects you to view Nintendo as perfect? Because we have a different opinion, how about you take some responsibility for your own post such as Nintendo games will be on PC in 10 years or motion controls aren't core to Nintendo consoles. If you made a top 10 list for both Wii and Switch you will not see a focus shift you will see Nintendo games with the difference being Wii will have more popular market expanding games and Switch will have Pokemon. Mario Kart is the highest selling game for both except the forced bundled game obviously which offers optional motion controls but you would rather focus on Zelda? You refuse to even answer what is or isn't core on any console. So I'll leave you with this, is online gaming a core feature?

Because you are cherry picking.  Does Acreus require motion?  No.  Does Sword require motion?  No.  Does Violent require motion?  No.  

Most games do not require motion on the Switch, the option is there in many cases, which is great.  But optional is not core, it is secondary.  

Look at Galaxy.  Motion to collect star bits.  Motion to attack.  Motion to spin jump.  Motion to grab star (like boo races).  Motion for jump stars.  All mandatory.  

Odyssey, shake for special moves with new hats...  everything else is optional.  

It was a change.  Frankly I don't know why your panties are in a twist.  Nintendo has a great balance with Switch.  Everyone wins.  

As far as Nintendo being PC in 10 years, not what I said.  I said I could see their games on PC, perhaps just legacy, within 10 years.  And that might sound crazy, but so did:

Sonic on Nintendo platforms

Sony games on Steam

Halo on the ps5

Nintendo popping a few titles on PC in 10 years isn't as outlandish as you are making it out to be.  Crazier things have happened.  

As for core features of the ps5?  I would say lagom.  

As far as me being a Nintendo troll.  That is just silly, wrong and inaccurate.  The problem is people are disrespectful and can't accept dissenting opinions.  

edit 

Top 10 selling Wii games include: Wii Sports, Sports Resort, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus and Just Dance 3....  nobody can look at that list compared to the Switch and tell me nothing has changed.  The focus has clearly shifted and kudos to Nintendo.  The Switch has been superb.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Phenomajp13 said:

@Chrkeller Your observation is silly as well, why are you so focused on Zelda? You have been given several examples of mandatory motion controls on Switch games in franchises that are bigger such as Mario and Pokemon. Maybe people consider you a Nintendo troll because you post like one? Who expects you to view Nintendo as perfect? Because we have a different opinion, how about you take some responsibility for your own post such as Nintendo games will be on PC in 10 years or motion controls aren't core to Nintendo consoles. If you made a top 10 list for both Wii and Switch you will not see a focus shift you will see Nintendo games with the difference being Wii will have more popular market expanding games and Switch will have Pokemon. Mario Kart is the highest selling game for both except the forced bundled game obviously which offers optional motion controls but you would rather focus on Zelda? You refuse to even answer what is or isn't core on any console. So I'll leave you with this, is online gaming a core feature?

Because you are cherry picking.  Does Acreus require motion?  No.  Does Sword require motion?  No.  Does Violent require motion?  No.  

Most games do not require motion on the Switch, the option is there in many cases, which is great.  But optional is not core, it is secondary.  

Look at Galaxy.  Motion to collect star bits.  Motion to attack.  Motion to spin jump.  Motion to grab star (like boo races).  Motion for jump stars.  All mandatory.  

It was a change.  Frankly I don't know why your panties are in a twist.  Nintendo has a great balance with Switch.  Everyone wins.  

As far as Nintendo being PC in 10 years, not what I said.  I said I could see their games on PC, perhaps just legacy, within 10 years.  And that might sound crazy, but so did:

Sony games on Steam

Halo on the ps5

Nintendo popping a few titles on PC in 10 years isn't as outlandish as you are making it out to be.  Crazier things have happened.  

I'm cherry picking yet you refuse to acknowledge the games on Switch that does require it. There are several but you are a fake Nintendo fan, so you simply don't know. That's why you genuinely believe it isn't outlandish lol to suggest this about Nintendo. Regardless, is online gaming a core feature?

Now take your top ten list on Switch and remove Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Luigi Mansion since those games didn't get a Wii version. Bundle 1,2 Switch with every Switch and now tell me how different the consoles really are? Ring Fit Adventure didn't get a sequel like Wii Fit Plus. Labo didn't take off like Wii Play which was bundled with a controller. Nintendo hasn't changed a damn thing, you just aren't a real fan. 

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 07 June 2024

Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

Sony games on Steam

Halo on the ps5

I'm cherry picking yet you refuse to acknowledge the games on Switch that does require it. There are several but you are a fake Nintendo fan, so you simply don't know. That's why you genuinely believe it isn't outlandish lol to suggest this about Nintendo. Regardless, is online gaming a core feature?

Lol.  You are taking outlier data and trying to make a point.  That is stupid, and hopefully you know it.  

The ps5 is lagom, as already stated, which could be the reason sales are slipping.

And if you want to resort to personal attacks (fake, troll, etc), we will be done.  Grow up.  

edit

also my original comment has been reworded.  I said motion wasn't a "focal point" but now people are attempting to claim I said it wasn't a feature.  Nice try, but that isn't what I said.  And motion isn't a focal point on the Switch.  The hybrid nature is clearly the focal point.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Lol.  You are taking outlier data and trying to make a point.  That is stupid, and hopefully you know it.  

The ps5 is lagom, as already stated, which could be the reason sales are slipping.

And if you want to resort to personal attacks (fake, troll, etc), we will be done.  Grow up.  

edit

also my original comment has been reworded.  I said motion wasn't a "focal point" but now people are attempting to claim I said it wasn't a feature.  Nice try, but that isn't what I said.  And motion isn't a focal point on the Switch.  The hybrid nature is clearly the focal point.  

There is nothing to debate then, no one said you thought it wasn't a feature. We were debating how could you possibly believe motion wasn't a core feature and you even suggested Nintendo could possibly remove it. That is silly because motion controls are one of a few core features but yes the Switch's focal point is it hybrid because that is new. Motion was Wii's focal point because it was new. Motion remained a core feature on all of Nintendos devices since Wii, with 3DS adding it (DS didn't have it), WiiU having it as a core feature but asymmetric gameplay/gamepad being the focal point, and now Switch literally coming with wrist straps but hybrid is certainly being the focal point. Clubhouse games for example uses motion controls in docked for bowling but the touchscreen in handheld mode. If Nintendo didnt view motion controls as a core feature then they would be removed like the Wiis pointer, DS's second screen, or 3DS's 3D screen. Nintendo isnt against removing things. I miss the Wiis pointer, CoD was fun on WiiU playing against controller players.

I'll ask again, is online gaming a core feature?

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

edit

There is nothing to debate then, no one said you thought it wasn't a feature. We were debating how could you possibly believe motion wasn't a core feature and you even suggested Nintendo could possibly remove it. That is silly because motion controls are one of a few core features but yes the Switch's focal point is it hybrid because that is new. Motion was Wii's focal point because it was new. Motion remained a core feature on all of Nintendos devices since Wii, with 3DS adding it (DS didn't have it), WiiU having it as a core feature but asymmetric gameplay/gamepad being the focal point, and now Switch literally coming with wrist straps but hybrid is certainly being the focal point. Clubhouse games for example uses motion controls in docked for bowling but the touchscreen in handheld mode. If Nintendo didnt view motion controls as a core feature then they would be removed like the Wiis pointer, DS's second screen, or 3DS's 3D screen. Nintendo isnt against removing things. I miss the Wiis pointer, CoD was fun on WiiU playing against controller players.

The original debate, which you inserted yourself into, and apparently without understanding, was motion not being and I quote "focal point."

So yeah, maybe read to understand before jumping in with personal insults?  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Phenomajp13 said:

The original debate, which you inserted yourself into, and apparently without understanding, was motion not being and I quote "focal point."

I read your post and as usual you are being dishonest. You literally said to Curl it wasn't a core feature. Only that first post to Curl did you say focal point. I'll ask again, is online gaming a core feature?

"Calling motion controls a core feature is a gross exaggeration. I have 30 switch games and 29 of them don't require motion."

"Motion isn't core to anything."

Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

I read your post and as usual you are being dishonest. You literally said to Curl it wasn't a core feature. Only that first post to Curl did you say focal point. I'll ask again, is online gaming a core feature?

It isn't a core focus for Nintendo, neither is online.  Features and focus areas are not equivalent.

Frankly I do not even understand why people are so bothered by my perspective that motion is a small add-on for the Switch... 

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Phenomajp13 said:

It isn't a core focus for Nintendo, neither is online.  Features and focus areas are not equivalent.

If online gaming is a core focus for Sony/MS then motion is a core focus for Nintendo since both are optional. 

"Calling motion controls a core feature is a gross exaggeration. I have 30 switch games and 29 of them don't require motion."

"Motion isn't core to anything."

This is what you said, now try to keep up with the things you say.

Phenomajp13 said:
Chrkeller said:

If online gaming is a core focus for Sony/MS then motion is a core focus for Nintendo since both are optional. 

Congrats?  I don't view online as a core focus for Sony.  it is an option.  But given Gow, Ghost, Spiderman, Uncharted, Last, Ratchet...  you know all those single player games...  I wouldn't call online a core focus for Sony.  Maybe that will change with Helldiver's success, time will tell.  But I would say Sony's core focus is still single player games.  Online is an option they provide.  I wouldn't call the speaker in the controller a core focus, despite it is there and some games use it. 

Here is the bigger question.  My position that motion is a secondary thought for Nintendo, why does that bother you?  I mean seriously, why?   

Edit

also that picture isn't even half my Switch games...  so the whole "fake" Nintendo fan claim is a lie on your part.  A shameful one at that.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED