By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

Phenomajp13 said:

Curl you literally listed more key titles than they did and here they are acting like you listed nothing. Notice how they conveniently ignored Pokemon Let's Go while name dropping Jump Rope Challenge? Why compare Jump Rope Challenge to Skyward Sword instead of Pokemon? They are purposely being disingenuous. Chrkeller's list is a joke, im suppose to sit back and accept whatever he list as key titles but Pokemon, Ring Fit, and Mario are not? Ring, Pokemon Let's Go, and Super Mario Party are bigger than anything they listed besides Tears and Wonder. You listed 3 key titles with mandatory motion for Switch vs 2 key titles in Tears and Wonder.

This is a joke right?  Just go look at the top 20 best Selling switch games only 2 have mandatory motion controls.

Around the Network

Remind me what mandatory motion controls Arceus and Violet have?

It is funny that people are using Odyssey, botw and Let's Go as their basis... those games are from 2017 and 2018.

Interesting they can't find anything newer with mandatory motion controls... almost Iike it isn't a focus for Nintendo and hasn't been in a long time.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Curl you literally listed more key titles than they did and here they are acting like you listed nothing. Notice how they conveniently ignored Pokemon Let's Go while name dropping Jump Rope Challenge? Why compare Jump Rope Challenge to Skyward Sword instead of Pokemon? They are purposely being disingenuous. Chrkeller's list is a joke, im suppose to sit back and accept whatever he list as key titles but Pokemon, Ring Fit, and Mario are not? Ring, Pokemon Let's Go, and Super Mario Party are bigger than anything they listed besides Tears and Wonder. You listed 3 key titles with mandatory motion for Switch vs 2 key titles in Tears and Wonder.

This is a joke right?  Just go look at the top 20 best Selling switch games only 2 have mandatory motion controls.

Clearly you can't count because we have already named 3 such as Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go, and Nintendo Switch Sports. Also Super Mario Odyssey, but regardless it's the default controls for several games. I'm still trying to understand how anyone with any sense can suggest something not being mandatory isn't a core feature. I would love to hear either of you explain what us core then about any of these systems that isn't also optional?

Chrkeller said:

It is funny that people are using Odyssey, botw and Let's Go as their basis... those games are from 2017 and 2018.

Interesting they can't find anything newer with mandatory motion controls... almost Iike it isn't a focus for Nintendo and hasn't been in a long 

Your post makes no sense because we could use ToTk as well but then again there is Splatoon and Nintendo Switch Sports. Also what relevance are those Poke games? Pokemon Let's Go is a Switch game focused on motion controls despite your claim of motion not being a core feature. You were even silly enough to suggest Nintendo would even consider removing them lol. That was just as silly of a take when you said Nintendo could release games on PC in ten years. I'll ask you as well, what is a core feature of any system?

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Clearly you can't count because we have already named 3 such as Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go, and Nintendo Switch Sports. Also Super Mario Odyssey, but regardless it's the default controls for several games. I'm still trying to understand how anyone with any sense can suggest something not being mandatory isn't a core feature. I would love to hear either of you explain what us core then about any of these systems that isn't also optional?

Chrkeller said:

Interesting they can't find anything newer with mandatory motion controls... almost Iike it isn't a focus for Nintendo and hasn't been in a long 

Your post makes no sense because we could use ToTk as well but then again there is Splatoon and Nintendo Switch Sports. Also what relevance are those Poke games? Pokemon Let's Go is a Switch game focused on motion controls despite your claim of motion not being a core feature. You were even silly enough to suggest Nintendo would even consider removing them lol. That was just as silly of a take when you said Nintendo could release games on PC in ten years. I'll ask you as well, what is a core feature of any system?

I think you should learn what core means. When we talk about core we are talking about game design where motion controls are the core of the game. The only things that maybe motion controls added was gyro aiming that some people like and some people don't, other then that removing motion controls from all those games doesnt change how successful they would have been.

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

Chrkeller said:

I think you should learn what core means. When we talk about core we are talking about game design where motion controls are the core of the game. The only things that maybe motion controls added was gyro aiming that some people like and some people don't, other then that removing motion controls from all those games doesnt change how successful they would have been.

I think you should learn your gross bias against motion controls mean nothing. Motion controls don't have to be the core of every game. Motion controls are just another form of input like the thumbsticks or shoulder buttons. Would you suggest that thumbsticks aren't the core of a console just because Tekken for example is better played with a dpad? Of course not because Call of Duty is better played with thumbsticks. Motion controls just need to be treated like they are another form of input to be used alongside buttons not compete with them. That's what Nintendo and other developers have learned since Wii. That's why you dislike them because sometimes they were just shoehorned in. Now they are much more properly utilized and used when it makes sense. I always thought what if when playing CoD, I could drop shot with my thumbstick but maybe twist the controller to roll while fully prone? Everything doesn't have to be tied to a button, just a simple gesture would free up buttons to do other things.

Edit: What I'm really trying to say to you and Chrkeller is we have to get out of this mine set of motion controls vs traditional controls and really begin to realize they can be used together very well. I personally thought Nintendo does a good job of incorporating simple gestures into their traditional games. I really can't believe you would want Nintendo to try to tie all of Mario's movesets to buttons. They would be quite complicated, so utilizing motion controls helps simplify things sounded like a great idea. I would rather Nintendo try for gamers like you as well but honestly bro, complicated controls isn't fun to me.

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 07 June 2024

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

I think you should learn your gross bias against motion controls mean nothing. Motion controls don't have to be the core of every game. Motion controls are just another form of input like the thumbsticks or shoulder buttons. Would you suggest that thumbsticks aren't the core of a console just because Tekken for example is better played with a dpad? Of course not because Call of Duty is better played with thumbsticks. Motion controls just need to be treated like they are another form of input to be used alongside buttons not compete with them. That's what Nintendo and other developers have learned since Wii. That's why you dislike them because sometimes they were just shoehorned in. Now they are much more properly utilized and used when it makes sense. I always thought what if when playing CoD, I could drop shot with my thumbstick but maybe twist the controller to roll while fully prone? Everything doesn't have to be tied to a button, just a simple gesture would free up buttons to do other things.

Edit: What I'm really trying to say to you and Chrkeller is we have to get out of this mine set of motion controls vs traditional controls and really begin to realize they can be used together very well. I personally thought Nintendo does a good job of incorporating simple gestures into their traditional games. I really can't believe you would want Nintendo to try to tie all of Mario's movesets to buttons. They would be quite complicated, so utilizing motion controls helps simplify things sounded like a great idea. I would rather Nintendo try for gamers like you as well but honestly bro, complicated controls isn't fun to me.

What a embarrassing comparison you're comparing something that universally loved and used by every developer in the industry vs something that's not used in most games in the industry and divisive just quick Google search will show many have the opinion that motion controls suck for the most part.  

like explain how fucking shaking the controller violently  to make mario roll is better then just pressing a button and direction.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 07 June 2024

To me, people tend to over complicate discussions.

Twilight on wii = mandatory motion
Skyward on wii = mandatory motion plus upgrade
Zelda on Switch = optional motion

People can use whatever verbiage they want, but there was a shift in focus.

If I were in front of a computer, and not on my phone, I would post the top 10 selling Wii games versus Switch... the difference in type of game is massive, again showing a shift of focus.

Semantics aside, focus has shifted for Nintendo.  That was my point.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

If I were in front of a computer, and not on my phone, I would post the top 10 selling Wii games versus Switch... the difference in type of game is massive, again showing a shift of focus.

It's important to remember that gyro controls aren't motion controls.

Gyro controls are useful because they allow finer detail in aiming than broadly moving an analog stick. They're not for everyone, but people like them because it allows them to aim a bit more precisely as an extension of the arm, like a mouse. Gyro doesn't replace normal stick aiming (or at least it shouldn't, Star Fox Zero), it's normally only there as an addition for more control.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Gyro controls are useful because they allow finer detail in aiming than broadly moving an analog stick. They're not for everyone, but people like them because it allows them to aim a bit more precisely as an extension of the arm, like a mouse. Gyro doesn't replace normal stick aiming (or at least it shouldn't, Star Fox Zero), it's normally only there as an addition for more control.

I'm going off memory but I think botw had gyro in some shrines, the ball moving ones.  I don't recall having any required motion or gyro for tears.  

Nintendo has been great at adjusting over the years.  I view pointing out their focus changes as a compliment.  But some view it as an attack.  I don't understand this.  

It is almost like you need to view, for some people, Nintendo as perfect...  or you are a hater.  I definitely don't understand that mentality.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I'm going off memory but I think botw had gyro in some shrines, the ball moving ones.  I don't recall having any required motion or gyro for tears.  

Nintendo has been great at adjusting over the years.  I view pointing out their focus changes as a compliment.  But some view it as an attack.  I don't understand this.  

It is almost like you need to view, for some people, Nintendo as perfect...  or you are a hater.  I definitely don't understand that mentality.

yup 100% agreed. How do you compare motion controls analog sticks,  basically  if nintendo did it has to be perfect, nostalgia is very powerful.