By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May Circana (NPD) 2024 Thread + Predictions

May Circana is coming out today, but it is running later than usual. It would normally have been released over an hour ago. Once the data is out I'll get the article posted on the report.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Data is taking a long time

Feels like we are about to get another delay tweet from Mat...

BTW... can we all appreciate the work that we get from  Famitsu on a WEEKLY basis.... with actual numbers.  

They are putting the American firm to shame. 

CosmicSex said:

Feels like we are about to get another delay tweet from Mat...

I really hope not as it is already so late. Though, they did delay June's report from July 24 to August 2.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Data is getting tweeted. No delay.

Around the Network
MadDogg said:

Data is getting tweeted. No delay.

Yup I see! I'm finishing up the article on the report right now. 

Article based on the NPD/Circana data is out now. I've added it to the OP. I'm going to work on the Americas estimates right now.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/461687/ps5-best-selling-console-in-the-us-in-may-ghost-of-tsushima-best-selling-game/

JRPGfan said:

I'm curious to see where Hellblade 2 lands in the US, with sales.
Like we heard it did really poorly in the EU.
Is the same true in the US? Or did it do better compairably there, because xbox is bigger in the US?

Not even in Xbox's Top 10 software ... It truly had the appearance of a ghost all along. Even PR wise, Xbox hasn't spoke of the game since it's launch ...

Anywoo, that console spending drop is certainly due to this year not having the release of Zelda TOTK.

Switch prolly paid the most from the drop(like 50%) while the PS5 did also experience a double digit drop. Xbox is the "lucky" here with a slight increase, though still behind the Switch in numbers.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

"Getting a lot of questions on this one... Senua's Saga: Hellblade II ranked 37th overall for May 2024 in US full game dollar sales (physical + digital for sharing pubs), while ranking 21st on Xbox Series."

I'd say my predictions were pretty good overall.