By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Eh not everything needs to be explained. It's just filler at that point.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
-Adonis- said:
BasilZero said:

Just bought the FFVII Remake Intergrade + Rebirth Twin Package deal.

Was waiting for Intergrade to go on a deeper sale - its been $43 for the longest of time.

But getting this along with Rebirth is a steal of a deal.

Once I'm done with DMC4SE - I'll be starting on FFVII Remake Intergrade.

It's a very good idea to have done this deal. FFVII Remake did 7M but with Rebirth and the Twin Package deal it could do easily 9M.

I'm very confident now for Rebirth since the last trailer. Remake was a 8.5/10 for me and I said that Rebirth needs to be at least a 9.5/10 or the Remake project would be failure in my eyes. But like I said the last trailer was damn good. It looks way more ambitious than Remake.

I hope the three months' thing is true for PC players like me so I could buy FF16 and FF7 Rebirth in 2024.

That’s my plan! And it sounds like they may be closer in release than we might think lol. Yoshi P hoping to have an update on FF16 by the end of the year, and FF7 Rebirth exclusivity ending at the of May means we may have both release on PC within a matter of 2-3 months! 



gtotheunit91 said:
-Adonis- said:

It's a very good idea to have done this deal. FFVII Remake did 7M but with Rebirth and the Twin Package deal it could do easily 9M.

I'm very confident now for Rebirth since the last trailer. Remake was a 8.5/10 for me and I said that Rebirth needs to be at least a 9.5/10 or the Remake project would be failure in my eyes. But like I said the last trailer was damn good. It looks way more ambitious than Remake.

I hope the three months' thing is true for PC players like me so I could buy FF16 and FF7 Rebirth in 2024.

That’s my plan! And it sounds like they may be closer in release than we might think lol. Yoshi P hoping to have an update on FF16 by the end of the year, and FF7 Rebirth exclusivity ending at the of May means we may have both release on PC within a matter of 2-3 months! 

That would be perfect.



Leynos said:

Eh not everything needs to be explained. It's just filler at that point.

Dont care for explanations, I just want to play and see character PoVs and such.





BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

Eh not everything needs to be explained. It's just filler at that point.

Dont care for explanations, I just want to play and see character PoVs and such.

If we were to use Leynos view the whole remake being trilogy the crisis core, dirge of cerberus and everything else that wasn't the original FF7 is filler. Still a lot of us appreciate those releases.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I like Crisis Core despite some dumb shit in it(Genesis is the worst villain in FF history) and Zack's whiney voice. Just FF7 is milked to the point a lot of the mystique is removed and diluted. Dirge was terrible tho lol even if it was developed by Monolith.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Honestly I don't see the team doing a DLC between games 2 and 3.

I think they'll head straight over to 3 to maximize sales before PS6 drops.



BasilZero said:
Kyuu said:

I originally planned on waiting for the whole Remake trilogy to finish before buying them together and immersing myself. But knowing that they didn't establish a system that carries over your data/progress from one game to the next is a bummer. It could have had a much better sense of oneness and continuity. A shame they couldn't come up with unique ideas to integrate the different parts.

I think I'm just gonna get the Twin Pack and play the 3rd game many years later. Rebirth looking sick (minus whatever the hell they're changing in the main story lol).

A perfectly executed/integrated (super challenging, I know) Remake trilogy could have been phenomenal, but the way they're segmenting the game is a bit disappointing.

Remake Intergrade is a enhanced port of Remake which came out in 2020.

Rebirth is coming out in 2024 - and I can bet you Rebirth will get a Intergrade version later closer to the next Playstation's release.

Its likely the next (if final) game will be out in 2028....for PS6 lol.

I can see them making a in between prequel game similar to Crisis Core in the mean time.

Honestly, I think a new entry every 3-4 years is a good/decent productivity rate for a AAA game by the modern development standards. And I don't want to get my hopes up but Rebirth does seem like a healthy upgrade over Remake, which was already a great game in many ways according to the consensus.

Since the entirety of Remake took place in Midgar, I guess there wouldn't be much benefit in integrating it into Rebirth. But I feel that Square has to ensure smart compatibility between Rebirth and the 3rd game (for backtracking and some side quests), because Rebirth is where the world opens up.

Just how big would the 3rd game's file size be if the entirety of Rebirth is in it? Without creative compatibility between Rebirth and its sequel, I imagine they would block access to many areas that you could revisit at any time in the original game. I'm wondering how they're translating overworld and exploration in Rebirth.

I don't see an Intergrade-esque expansion releasing this time, which could save a few months for the sequel's development, which I think will be crossgen between PS5 and PS6, but it will push the PS5 to its limits and run at low resolutions/framerate.

Last edited by Kyuu - 6 days ago

BasilZero said:

Just bought the FFVII Remake Intergrade + Rebirth Twin Package deal.

Was waiting for Intergrade to go on a deeper sale - its been $43 for the longest of time.

But getting this along with Rebirth is a steal of a deal.

Once I'm done with DMC4SE - I'll be starting on FFVII Remake Intergrade.

What an insane deal. Initially, I planned on waiting for a sale to buy FF16, now I'm contemplating on pre ordering Rebirth lol. 



SpiderMan 2 having a 30 FPS, 40 FPS, and 60 FPS all with RT tells me (prematurely):

a) Mark Cerny's focus on efficiency and removing bottlenecks for the PlayStation 5 is coming to fruition

b) Sony's first party, due to having to optimize for only one platform at launch, will be ahead of the industry when it comes to performance options, at least for their single player, exclusive titles

On another note, that 40FPS mode is calling out to me lol.