By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

twintail said:
V-r0cK said:

I'd love for Guerrilla Games to return to Killzone to help bring FPS back to Playstation if they're taking a break from Horizon. And Insomiac to bring back Resistance after Spiderman and Wolverine.

With rumours that GG were doing a new Socom game, I honestly wouldn't mind them remaking Socom 2 but themed as a Killzone title.

Honestly, I'd rather a new game, a reboot, or a sequel. The SOCOM games were good but definitely outdated. I'd love to see a modern take on the concept. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Pretty sure the Socom rumors came out of Horizon Online job listings. 

Oh I didnt realize a new OP started.

I'm barely on here so not a surprise lol.

---

As on what I am playing currently on Playstation related....

-Driveclub (PS4) - Lv 54 Driver. Pro Trophy - All Britain Drift - 52 hours total.
Playing each car in each race - which is why I have so many hours and high levels even though I'm still in the base game races.

-Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4) - Finished main story , playing as Vergil mode - Mission 3 - 18 hours total.

-Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time (PS3) - Vorselon's Ship - 7 hours

---

I'm planning to play next....

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PS4)
Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (PS3)

Wonder who they’ll get to replace Sylens in future Horizon content.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Do you think if Sony buys Square-Enix, there is a chance that the SE's games will be out on Play and PC in the same time ?

Around the Network
CloudxTifa said:

Do you think if Sony buys Square-Enix, there is a chance that the SE's games will be out on Play and PC in the same time ?

Only MMORPG and the like, otherwise I would expect 2 years first on console just like their current strategy, unless due to remedies or SE wants to be more independent like Bungie (I don't think it would happen).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I wouldn't say anything would be off the table. 

Especially today when MS and Sony are increasingly publishing their games on more platforms. 

I see no reason why they would change what Square is doing PC wise.

I could see things change with regards to Nintendo and Xbox platformers. But even there I wouldn't write everything off. I have little doubt they would make Final Fantasy exclusive full time. But everything else could very well stay on Switch. 

It's hard to say because NS is much bigger in Japan. A lot of their smaller games may very well need that support to continue. And it wouldn't add as much making them exclusive. 

I've heard a lot this gen that something would not happen because it didn't make sense, only for those things to happen. 

It doesn't make sense for Sony to buy Bungie. 

It doesn't make sense for Sony to put their games on PC. 

At this point I'm just looking forward to the things that "don't make any sense" that start happening anyways. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 March 2023

Runa216 said:
twintail said:

With rumours that GG were doing a new Socom game, I honestly wouldn't mind them remaking Socom 2 but themed as a Killzone title.

Honestly, I'd rather a new game, a reboot, or a sequel. The SOCOM games were good but definitely outdated. I'd love to see a modern take on the concept. 

I would imagine they update it. But I think a sci-fi esque take on Socom would be interesting in its own right. Pretty much every tactical 3rd person shooter like that is still modern military.

the-pi-guy said:

Pretty sure the Socom rumors came out of Horizon Online job listings. 

Most likely. Still wait and see for the time being. 

VersusEvil said:

Wonder who they’ll get to replace Sylens in future Horizon content.

RIP. We've lost a legend. 

CloudxTifa said:

I think it depends on the IP. But I doubt a purchase of SE equals = 100% PS exclusivity and 100% delayed PC releases.

I imagine different IPs will be part of different release cycles/ platforms.

the-pi-guy said:

I wouldn't say anything would be off the table. 

Especially today when MS and Sony are increasingly publishing their games on more platforms. 

I see no reason why they would change what Square is doing PC wise.

I could see things change with regards to Nintendo and Xbox platformers. But even there I wouldn't write everything off. I have little doubt they would make Final Fantasy exclusive full time. But everything else could very well stay on Switch. 

It's hard to say because NS is much bigger in Japan. A lot of their smaller games may very well need that support to continue. And it wouldn't add as much making them exclusive. 

I've heard a lot this gen that something would not happen because it didn't make sense, only for those things to happen. 

It doesn't make sense for Sony to buy Bungie. 

It doesn't make sense for Sony to put their games on PC. 

At this point I'm just looking forward to the things that "don't make any sense" that start happening anyways. 

Yep, some titles, which aren't really system sellers would do much well as multiplatform (even more if they sell mostly in Japan where well Switch trounces PS5, and no amount of exclusive small SE games would change that) than they would help as exclusives. The change I could see is some titles that didn't launch on PS would launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Decided to dive back into HFW for the platinum trophy before the Burning Shores DLC.

One of the first things that come to mind is how well Horizon could translate into an MMO. I could see Guerrilla improving many RPG elements within this Horizon multiplayer title which will then translate into the next mainline game.