By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Miles Morales NG+ is done. I wish I unlocked the Spider-Man 2020 suit in my first playthrough last year. It's the best suit in the game! I'm sure it's a comic reference but I can't help but look at the jacket design and think they got inspired by CP2077 Promo material while in development. Still in the mood to replay some stuff so maybe GOTG is next?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps I have something like (when talking about big sized games) 2 games I play from time to time, 2 games I'm yet to play and 1 to 3 games I'm currently playing.

Ahh.

Its just crazy how big the file sizes for some games are.

The newer Call of Duty games are just crazy when it comes to storage size.

BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps I have something like (when talking about big sized games) 2 games I play from time to time, 2 games I'm yet to play and 1 to 3 games I'm currently playing.

Ahh.

Its just crazy how big the file sizes for some games are.

The newer Call of Duty games are just crazy when it comes to storage size.

That is true, but I think my biggest file size is in the 100s with GT7, not the 250+ like one of the CoDs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

It will be interesting to see the comparison for Ratchet and Clank and the performance if run without SSD, will the transitions tank?

Impossible for them not to - assuming each transition loads about 4 GB of graphics and other game assets into the RAM (might be a lowball) and that there are no other CPU or databus bottlenecks, that'd still be over half a minute even in the fastest HDDs.

Unless you pre-load most of the game assets directly into the RAM, that is, which I suppose you could do with enough capacity (> 32 GB main) and a powerful enough CPU to fetch it correctly.

The more I think about it, having the TLOU multiplayer project being reworked into Part III could end up working out better than expected for Sony, a business model similar to a full priced Call of Duty release and its DLC/MTX, rather than a F2P game like Fortnite.

Around the Network

I wanted to chime in on the install thing.

My parents have very slow internet. During the PS3 days, it would take most of a day to download a game. I think with some mildly big games, it would even take a couple of days.

So it felt like it made a lot of sense to have a big HDD and have everything downloaded. It wouldn't be possible to be in the mood to play a game and play it that day.
My first PC had like a 3 TB drive with 200 steam games on it.

Currently have decently fast internet, but still like having everything accessible. Have an 8 TB connected to my PS5 and have used like half of it on like 100 games I think.

the-pi-guy said:

My parents have very slow internet. During the PS3 days, it would take most of a day to download a game. I think with some mildly big games, it would even take a couple of days.

So it felt like it made a lot of sense to have a big HDD and have everything downloaded. It wouldn't be possible to be in the mood to play a game and play it that day.

Currently have decently fast internet, but still like having everything accessible. Have an 8 TB connected to my PS5 and have used like half of it on like 100 games I think.

Oh boy, I dont miss those days when I had shitty Comcast internet lol

Even then, I wouldnt have downloaded so many games because of the stupid data cap. If anything, I would go to school or work and have it downloading cause downloads back then would be a day or more.

Nowadays, since I have my own house and pay for my own internet (which ironically is cheaper than the Comcast prices) - a 50 GB game now doesnt take too long at all -

No data cap, better pricing and way better speeds

But even then I still only have like 2-3 games max on each platform except for the Switch which I have it downloaded all the way.

Steam/PC has 3 games installed - 256 GB

PS4 has 3 games installed - 512 GB

PS5 has 2  games installed - 825 GB

Xbox Series S has 3 games installed - 512 GB

Switch - 1 TB SD card

I dont plan to expand storage for any of the home consoles or my gaming PC.

BasilZero said:
Leynos said:

I don't install games on my PC's SSD due to space. So I install them on a slower external HD.

Damn, the loading times must be a hassle lol

Faster loading times are nice to have, but for most games not really necessary.

Most of my Steam games run fine off my external MyBook Duo (28 TB), which has a sequential read of ~300 MB/s.

I shifted many open world games to my SSDs, but they still run okay from HDD.

the-pi-guy said:

I had a 2TB drive for my PS4Pro, it dropped in the floor during one of my many moving around to play on a friend's house and stopped working, I got used to not buying HDDs for this purpose =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Finally got 1st place in the Professional Trophy race in Driveclub.

That was a bit hard lol.