By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Why is there no Playstation openctitic prediction league ?

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

PlayStation 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League (vgchartz.com)

After replaying Evil west I got the urge to replay Miles Morales on NG+

I always find it funny in these games is there is a story sequence where part of a building gets destoyed and when out of a mission I go to revisit that area. Like nothing happened. Construction in Marvel New York is speedy, unlike the real thing lol

I kinda wish this stuff would stay like that to bring in the real conversation of giving JJJ some validity to his raging bias so he isn't just a raving lunatic but some people may take his side in a meaningful way.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

gtotheunit91 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

PlayStation 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League (vgchartz.com)

Thank you !

It will be interesting to see the comparison for Ratchet and Clank and the performance if run without SSD, will the transitions tank?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

It will be interesting to see the comparison for Ratchet and Clank and the performance if run without SSD, will the transitions tank?

Imagine if PC's can do what the PS5 can do...

DonFerrari said:

What? Who plays PC games nowadays without a SSD lol

gooch_destroyer said:
DonFerrari said:

Imagine if PC's can do what the PS5 can do...

If a PC with HDD and similar spec on RAM/CPU/GPU to PS5 it would be very funny.

BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

Probably almost no one (not that a lot of them wouldn't have terribly slow SSDs). But the mockery against Insomniac saying the game needs SSD was compared to PS4 having HD. So a PC having a decent enough SSD doesn't contradict Insomniac.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
BasilZero said:

Probably almost no one (not that a lot of them wouldn't have terribly slow SSDs). But the mockery against Insomniac saying the game needs SSD was compared to PS4 having HD. So a PC having a decent enough SSD doesn't contradict Insomniac.

I know Insomniac was publicly at the time only comparing the hard drive speeds to the PS4 to make the game possible, BUT, it's only a 2 year difference between console release and PC release. So either the port was barely starting development or was in the planning stage for the game to be ported. PC ports don't happen over night. God of War took at least 2 years to port according to the devs. Insomniac knew what they were doing with their marketing. 

So while they're not outright contradicting themselves, they did so passively because their marketing was very straightforward that the PS5 was the only way to run the game. Some of us obviously knew what Insomniac were referring to, but just the fact that the game is being ported to PC will cause many to view it as Insomniac contradicting themselves.