By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Probably safe to say we won't get more information on this at SGF.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

I believe it, the mechanics are definitely there. I definitely love the mechanics. 

But the difficulty bump is one thing that tends to really bug me.  

Definitely looking forward to getting over though.  

You'll be fine, the difficulty spikes are mainly at the beginning of the game and at the very end of the game in the final dungeon.

In between, you'll have a easier time because you'll be getting access to more jobs/classes which makes things easy quick.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, FF3's notorious for its end game final dungeon where the enemies are brutal and you are constantly in multiple boss fights without save points in between.

But the ability to turn off encounters and there being a quick save function in the Pixel remasters make this easy lol.

gtotheunit91 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 make it out on PC this year. Sony ported 5 games last year and are already at 2 this year. 

Here's to hoping! After that, there's maybe TLOU Part 2 before you reach the 2022 releases of PS5 exclusives that can potentially be ported to PC.

I can see that happening though I really wish we could have gotten some more legacy titles like the collections instead of PS5 titles :(

gtotheunit91 said:

Probably safe to say we won't get more information on this at SGF.

I'll take it, at least it acknowledges the fans.  Hopefully Sony tweets something encouraging as well, saying more single player games are getting close.

BasilZero said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 make it out on PC this year. Sony ported 5 games last year and are already at 2 this year. 

Here's to hoping! After that, there's maybe TLOU Part 2 before you reach the 2022 releases of PS5 exclusives that can potentially be ported to PC.

I can see that happening though I really wish we could have gotten some more legacy titles like the collections instead of PS5 titles :(

SAME! I played the Legacy of Thieves Collection last year but man would it have been great to have had the Nathan Drake Collection prior. 

The Wipeout Omega Collection would've been fantastic as well. 

Uh.

>Sony has invested heavily in "games as a service," or video games designed to be monetized beyond their initial sales through ongoing purchases. As part of that push it asked another of its video-game studios, Seattle-based Bungie, to evaluate the games across its portfolio. Bungie raised questions about the The Last of Us multiplayer project's ability to keep players engaged for a long period of time, which led to the reassessment.

Single and multiplayer games generally require different skillsets to develop. Although Naughty Dog has found some success with multiplayer modes in some of its titles, the company is primarily known for developing single-player hits. Still, fans were excited for the project and raised questions after it was not present at a PlayStation video game showcase this week.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 26 May 2023

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

SAME! I played the Legacy of Thieves Collection last year but man would it have been great to have had the Nathan Drake Collection prior. 

The Wipeout Omega Collection would've been fantastic as well. 

Right.

I would love if they had re-released God of War Saga (God of War 1, 2, Ghost of Sparta, Chains of Olympus and III Remaster) for both PS5 and PC.

So many collections stuck on PS3 like Jak, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone and Resistance too.

Edit: Well Jak is on PS4 too but still.

the-pi-guy said:

Uh.

>Sony has invested heavily in "games as a service," or video games designed to be monetized beyond their initial sales through ongoing purchases. As part of that push it asked another of its video-game studios, Seattle-based Bungie, to evaluate the games across its portfolio. Bungie raised questions about the The Last of Us multiplayer project's ability to keep players engaged for a long period of time, which led to the reassessment.

Single and multiplayer games generally require different skillsets to develop. Although Naughty Dog has found some success with multiplayer modes in some of its titles, the company is primarily known for developing single-player hits. Still, fans were excited for the project and raised questions after it was not present at a PlayStation video game showcase this week.

Well Bungie is helping Sony vet and review it's live service games so maybe Factions missed the mark they were aiming for. 

Edit: After reading the full article - "As part of that push it asked another of its video-game studios, Seattle-based Bungie, to evaluate the games across its portfolio. Bungie raised questions about the The Last of Us multiplayer project's ability to keep players engaged for a long period of time, which led to the reassessment."

Last edited by Blood_Tears - on 26 May 2023

Another tough break for Sony this week.

While not outright cancelled, development for The Last of Us multiplayer has been scaled down, and the future of the project is being accessed. Perhaps they will just include it as the multiplayer portion for TLOU Part III.

Blood_Tears said:

So Tom Henderson as well as The Snitch is saying that Sony held back announcements from the showcase. After thinking about it some more, I think this is a very smart move for mindshare especially if they are waiting to see how MS does with their showcase. Considering Sony still has the new discless sku to announce as well, they are likely splitting things up with Summer game fest and/or another show of some sort. I think this could to be a 1-2 punch from Sony in the end but we'll see how it goes.

I'm not dismissing other PS surprises during this E3 window, but this just reeks of cope-posting.  Honestly, what's the mentality of Jim Ryan's "total mindshare" wank if the Showcase doesn't ascend those titular highs it's always considered by the fans?  Sony deliberately called this a "Showcase," which carries more weight than a State of Play.  To have this mentality like Jim Ryan is pulling 4D Chess moves behind the scenes should be met with immediate suspicion - especially if it's coming from sources that hyped this event to the moon.  

coolbeans said:

I'm not dismissing other PS surprises during this E3 window, but this just reeks of cope-posting.  Honestly, what's the mentality of Jim Ryan's "total mindshare" wank if the Showcase doesn't ascend those titular highs it's always considered by the fans? Sony deliberately called this a "Showcase," which carries more weight than a State of Play. To have this mentality like Jim Ryan is pulling 4D Chess moves behind the scenes should be met with immediate suspicion - especially if it's coming from sources that hyped this event to the moon.  

Wasn't that just another insider who posted that? I don't recall that ever being officially mentioned or communicated.