By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

The Sony Wii U

Complete with Splatoon coming out!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

The wii U was a forced handheld for a lot of games. The Project Q is a 100% optional handheld device coming out years later. The comparisons are subpar at best.
The PS5 switch makes a lot more sense because it looks like those controllers literally snap on the tablet.

Foamstars looks like 4 player splatoon? I lost track of how many players it had. Plus they probably don't hide in the ink and I'm not sure if you actually "attack" the other player.
So it seems pretty different. Probably still not going to get it. And yeah I thought splatoon as first but not really now.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 25 May 2023

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Sony spreading out their announcements/reveals for the rest of the year would save this underwhelming showcase, and it would make sense for things like SpiderMan 2 being Fall 2023 rather than a solid date, or Concord getting a CGI trailer despite being slated for 2024. I think something like:

Summer Games Fest: Trailers for Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Silent Hill 2
State of Play/Showcase in September: SpiderMan 2 release date, The Last of Us multiplayer reveal, Helldivers 2, Concord gameplay trailer
TGA: Sucker Punch or Bluepoint Games teaser trailer for Fall 2024

Sony did have some first party reveals for Geoff shows in recent memory: The Last of Us Part I remake, The Last of Us multiplayer update, Death Stranding 2, HFW DLC. I think that could very well be the case this year too.

I missed some of the key words in FF 2, so I am missing the platinum there. 

Started Final Fantasy III and uh mixed feelings. Does away with some of the goofy parts of FF2 (like the key words for example). But it brings in its own problems. There's an absurd difficulty spike in the beginning of the game. You immediately go from enemies that die in a single hit and are doing barely any damage to your party, to quickly finding enemies that will take you out in two hits while you are needing several hits just to take one out. 

10 minutes in, I was pretty prepared to say FF1>FF3>FF2, but I'm currently putting FF3 last...  

Metal Gear Solid 3 getting a remake and the first 3 games of the Solid series coming as part of a Volume 1 makes me so happy.

Although I did finish the Metal Gear Legacy collection on PS3 which had MGS1, 2, 3, 4 and Peace Walker - I still wanted to play it on modern platforms.

So happy they are getting re-released.

I'm guessing Volume 2 will have MGS4, Peacewalker HD and a HD remaster of Portable Ops.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Started Final Fantasy III and uh mixed feelings. Does away with some of the goofy parts of FF2 (like the key words for example). But it brings in its own problems. There's an absurd difficulty spike in the beginning of the game. You immediately go from enemies that die in a single hit and are doing barely any damage to your party, to quickly finding enemies that will take you out in two hits while you are needing several hits just to take one out. 

10 minutes in, I was pretty prepared to say FF1>FF3>FF2, but I'm currently putting FF3 last...  

I thought 1, 2, and 3 were all interesting. The first was pretty neutral, overall great but nothing unique that sets it apart and nothing bad that brings it down. but 2 and 3 had higher highs and lower lows. 2 had the cool levelling system and the better story, but that levelling system was fundamentally broken and the story...got really confusing to be honest (Had I not been following a guide I'd have gotten lost SO many times.)  3, on the other hand, had the outstanding job system that REALLY came into its own at the end, an even better story, and a lot more awesome but like, those shinking sections SUUUUUUCKED and the first half of the game was really lopsided and inconsistent. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

the-pi-guy said:

Final Fantasy III is actually more like FF1 than FF2.

It gets better.

Out of the first 3 FF games, FFIII is the best of the NES trilogy.

Bear in mind, the final dungeon is pretty hard in the original NES and 3D remakes however the quick save feature in the Pixel remasters make the Pixel remaster version the easiest out of all the versions of FF3 lol.

I played and finished the NES and DS versions of the games.

Anyways, I beat FF1 on Switch while I was on my trip overseas and halfway done with FF2.

The Exp boosts and no encounters make the Pixel versions the best versions (despite them lacking the extra content from the GBA/PSP/original mobile versions).

Once again, time for me to ask for last minute votes for Most Wanted! Probably the biggest month for Playstation in a while. Street Fighter VI, Diablo IV, Final Fantasy XVI, Sonic Origins Plus, and several other titles. Let's send these games off with a bang!

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247355/most-wanted-june/1/

1.) Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
2.) Starfield (XSX)
3.) Hollow Knight Silksong (PS5)
4.) Sea of Stars (PS5)
5.) Baldur's Gate 3 (PS5)

So Tom Henderson as well as The Snitch is saying that Sony held back announcements from the showcase. After thinking about it some more, I think this is a very smart move for mindshare especially if they are waiting to see how MS does with their showcase. Considering Sony still has the new discless sku to announce as well, they are likely splitting things up with Summer game fest and/or another show of some sort. I think this could to be a 1-2 punch from Sony in the end but we'll see how it goes.