By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Blood_Tears said:

Let's go Jimbo! :)

Ppl can say what they want about the man (and rightfully so), but PS appears to be in better shape than it has ever been.

Excited for the showcase.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Blood_Tears said:

If this is true then the show must be great. Otherwise it wouldn't really make noise.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A lot of interesting tidbits from Sony's corporate strategy meeting.

It looks like Sony Corp is planning to spin off their financial services unit in the next two to three years while retaining about a 20% stake. They also acknowledge that their entertainment divisions are "subscale" compared to their competitors, and are planning to increase their investments in this area. Sony emphasizes content IP as a priority, and highlights video games, music and anime, as growth opportunities.

twintail said:
Blood_Tears said:

Ppl can say what they want about the man (and rightfully so), but PS appears to be in better shape than it has ever been.

Excited for the showcase.

yeah I don't get why the dude gets so much hate. Like, I get that nobody actively LIKES dudes in suits (At least not in this context) but like, he's just a guy trying to do his job and doing it well without any drama. Playstation is doing great, and while I don't believe he personally gives a shit about gamers or what we want, I DO Believe he likes money and has found that 'making good games' is paramount to a healthy, stable, long-term success. 

So, like, dude's doing his job. Doing it well. And not being a complete scumbag while doing it. He wants money, we want good games, it's a win-win. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Good news for Front Mission fans.

Some nice integration for SIE and Bungie.

Blood_Tears said:

I'm not really sure Millie is a great source.
But I fully expect this showcase will be huge.

- First hour+ long showcase in the past 3 years.

- Several first party titles promised.

Runa216 said:

yeah I don't get why the dude gets so much hate. Like, I get that nobody actively LIKES dudes in suits (At least not in this context) but like, he's just a guy trying to do his job and doing it well without any drama. Playstation is doing great, and while I don't believe he personally gives a shit about gamers or what we want, I DO Believe he likes money and has found that 'making good games' is paramount to a healthy, stable, long-term success. 

So, like, dude's doing his job. Doing it well. And not being a complete scumbag while doing it. He wants money, we want good games, it's a win-win. 

- Blaming him for things that probably aren't entirely in his wheelhouse. The closure of Japan Studio, PixelOpus, etc. Most of those things are probably more up to Hermen though.

- A lot of people didn't appreciate his internal response to the overturn of Roe vs Wade, where he said to respect that co-workers might have different opinions. And for some reason was talking about dogs in his abortion message.

Blood_Tears said:

First one have been repeated every few months, but seems like people still like to ask the same stuff.

And congrats to GoT, great game, my favorite of the gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."