By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Zippy6 said:

Yes it's poor.. if it stayed this way. You have to remember that they haven't had a showcase in a long time. We're an unusual situation where they have very little announced for the future so I would expect there next showcase to be massive and it wouldn't surprise me if there are unnanounced titles releasing this year.

Agree with this. 

I think Sony could have one more first party release scheduled for the holidays. I would bet on it being Guerrilla's multiplayer Horizon game (been in development since 2019), but PixelOpus is another plausible candidate.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
twintail said:

So I've decided I'm going to get the 50x85K bravia. Anyone have this model?
4K, alm, vrr, 120hz (at 1080p though).

I feel that's good enough for me. Was hoping to get the 90k or 85L but both are 55inch minimum but my SO wants 50inch max for our next tv.

Who own earth would limit you to 50" for the main tv? Tell her that research says that 65" is the bare minimum for main TV nowadays =p

haha, even 65 is too much for me. 55 is the size I prefer, so 50 isn't a massive change.

the-pi-guy said:
twintail said:

So I've decided I'm going to get the 50x85K bravia. Anyone have this model?
4K, alm, vrr, 120hz (at 1080p though).

I feel that's good enough for me. Was hoping to get the 90k or 85L but both are 55inch minimum but my SO wants 50inch max for our next tv.

I have the X90J.

Apparently the X85K doesn't have local dimming, and it has a split 4K120.  

The X90J does come in a 50", and it doesn't have those issues. It's a year older, but it has the newer chipset.  

If you're coming from a cheap TV, I'm sure you will be happy with the X85K. But there's plenty of improvement out there. I would try to find an X90J, to be honest.

So took your advice to look around. Unfortunately, only export sets of the x90j where I am, and those only have 1 year warranty. so sad. But I haven't clicked buy now yer so I'll look around a bit more before that time comes.

thanks guys for replying

PotentHerbs said:
Zippy6 said:

Yes it's poor.. if it stayed this way. You have to remember that they haven't had a showcase in a long time. We're an unusual situation where they have very little announced for the future so I would expect there next showcase to be massive and it wouldn't surprise me if there are unnanounced titles releasing this year.

Agree with this. 

I think Sony could have one more first party release scheduled for the holidays. I would bet on it being Guerrilla's multiplayer Horizon game (been in development since 2019), but PixelOpus is another plausible candidate.

I think I agree PixelOpus is probably ready to go. I think the issue with Sony atm is that a lot of stuff is rumoured to be cooking, but we have no idea (even suggestions) on when this stuff should be ready.

My guess is that things really ramp up for 2024 onwards. 

But what I want to know is what else XDev Asia is working on... 

Reached Lv 55 Driver level in Driveclub

54 hours in overall gameplay time.

I'm gonna be heading into the Pro Trophy next - so close to finishing the Base game lmao.

---

Edit:

Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time - 8 hours

Just finished through a Clank section - really not liking the Clank portion lol.

I'm in Bernilius Sector as Ratchet again after rescuring General Azimuth.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 21 March 2023

twintail said:

I think I agree PixelOpus is probably ready to go. I think the issue with Sony atm is that a lot of stuff is rumoured to be cooking, but we have no idea (even suggestions) on when this stuff should be ready.

My guess is that things really ramp up for 2024 onwards. 

But what I want to know is what else XDev Asia is working on... 

I can see 2023/2024 for the PlayStation 5 being similar to 2015/2016 for the PlayStation 4 when it comes showcase quality.

At the bare minimum I think Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games & PixelOpus are ready to go, with a teaser from Sucker Punch somewhere in there, but Firesprite, Bluepoint, and Team Asobi are wildcards. I also believe Sony will continue to license their older IP's to third party developers like they did with Sumo Digital.

And that's not including reveals from third party partnerships like Firewalk and Arrowhead that could turn into an eventual acquisition down the line. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 21 March 2023

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I'm gonna be heading into the Pro Trophy next - so close to finishing the Base game lmao.

That game has a lot of DLC, took me 170hrs to 100% base game and all 21 DLC packs. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:
BasilZero said:

That game has a lot of DLC, took me 170hrs to 100% base game and all 21 DLC packs. 

Driveclub has one of the best bang for the buck season passes ever imo.

VersusEvil said:

Yeah I bought all the DLC packs too and the Bikes expansion as well.

For some reason though the last two DLC packs for the main Driveclub...says "Coming soon" - read it up and it says if you didnt "purchase" it in the store, it wont be installed.

The DLC set up was kind of messed up because even if you bought the expansion pass, if you dont go to each DLC's store page and "purchase it for $0.00" - it wont be counted as owned.

I thought I claimed them all but I guess I didnt...oh well, at least I'm enjoying the game as it is and will get to play at least almost all the content lol.

Has anyone had any experience with the Nextorage 2tb expansion? Cant decide to get that or the WDSN850X

havoc00 said:

Has anyone had any experience with the Nextorage 2tb expansion? Cant decide to get that or the WDSN850X

Realistically, they're both fine.

WD is a much more established storage company, and the 850X is excellent. So unless you have some big motivator to get the Nextorage, you should probably go for the WD instead.