By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Yoshida showing his racism today. When can Asano take over the FF series? FF seems to go from one dipshit to another. The only thing that's not dark in FFXVI is people's skin.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 March 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Been replaying Horizon 1. Played it when it first came out, but for whatever reason never quite finished the game. And as a result never got around to playing Horizon 2, despite buying it at launch. So that's unfortunate.

Had a really great time with Horizon. It's been quite a long time that I forgot quite a few of the story particulars. And in a lot of ways it felt like I was playing the game for the first time.

A lot of great things about the game. Story is a really good time. Visuals are great. There were some pop in bugs, and many of the animations were not the best. But generally serviceable. 

The controls feel great. The sounds are great. Overall a fantastic game.

The big thing I would complain about is that the combat can be very messy. There's a huge power differential. The bigger machines are just all around faster, bigger and stronger. And it's really easy to just get thrashed around for a good while. And it can take quite a lot of the fun out of the experience I think when it does happen.

Some smaller complaints: fast travel is tied to items; but that's a very minor one. A lot of the characters in the game are barely NPCs. They are almost more like interactable objects. They don't even have an actual name. They're just "Nora Brave" or something like that.

axumblade said:

Looking good, pi! :)

Thanks!

the-pi-guy said:

I feel like "bargain" is a bit of a stretch so far. It was a lot of money they spent on Bungie. 

But I think Bungie is off to a great start under SIE. Seems like there's a lot in the works there with Marathon, Matter, and possibly other titles.  

So much growth there, it's insane. If someone would have told me that Sony would have had a studio pushing 1,000 people in it, 15 months ago, I would have said they were insane. But here we are.

Bungie is going to be critical for Sony going forward.

Destiny 2 is going to print money for Sony throughout this decade, but having another popular multiplayer hit with Marathon or Matter, will dramatically strengthen their business. More importantly, it seems like Bungie will be pushing more content this generation compared to most of their competitors in the live service space. 

Cool! Tag me in.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

PotentHerbs said:
the-pi-guy said:

I feel like "bargain" is a bit of a stretch so far. It was a lot of money they spent on Bungie. 

But I think Bungie is off to a great start under SIE. Seems like there's a lot in the works there with Marathon, Matter, and possibly other titles.  

So much growth there, it's insane. If someone would have told me that Sony would have had a studio pushing 1,000 people in it, 15 months ago, I would have said they were insane. But here we are.

Bungie is going to be critical for Sony going forward.

Destiny 2 is going to print money for Sony throughout this decade, but having another popular multiplayer hit with Marathon or Matter, will dramatically strengthen their business. More importantly, it seems like Bungie will be pushing more content this generation compared to most of their competitors in the live service space. 

That was short lived. Lightfall is proving to be a stumble and player counts already dropped by 100,000 along with thousands of negative reviews Currently sitting at 29% Bungie in quality has always been a mixed bag ever since Destiny launched. I put in over 1500 hours into Destiny 2 alone and even I was miserable at times lol. 

Still though, even with a bad expansion, Destiny 2 will still be a top dollar maker on Steam. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 02 March 2023

Around the Network

After so long in development, Dead Island 2 looks a lot better than I expected it to:

Trust in Urata-san, guys.

Currently a sale on first month of PS+ for new/lapsed subscribers until the 5th of March. In the UK at least I'm assuming it's global. Might grab a month of Premium to see what the streaming is like. I managed to finish a couple of PS3 games on PSNOW a few years ago so hoping it's decent and still better than Gamepass Cloud which is poor for me.

I wonder if Firesprite will ever port Horizon Call of the Mountain for traditional controls like they did with The Persistence. With PSVR2 resembling a traditional controller it should be an easier task.

gtotheunit91 said:

That was short lived. Lightfall is proving to be a stumble and player counts already dropped by 100,000 along with thousands of negative reviews Currently sitting at 29% Bungie in quality has always been a mixed bag ever since Destiny launched. I put in over 1500 hours into Destiny 2 alone and even I was miserable at times lol. 

Still though, even with a bad expansion, Destiny 2 will still be a top dollar maker on Steam. 

That's all that really matters for Sony lol. Similar to FIFA, Call of Duty, Madden, etc, getting panned, they still end up generating a ton of revenue/profit. Destiny 2 has been around long enough that a terrible expansion won't dent its player retention. The next expansion, or the transmedia adaptation, will catapult the game into another record breaking CCU on Steam.