By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ultimate Consoles Showdown 2023 |Completed|

I think the PS5 will win 2023, though if there is a Switch revision this year then the Switch has a chance and it would end up being very close (should be close if Nintendo does nothing as far as new models/price cuts are concerned, but still in the PS5's favor in that case).

Around the Network

I think PS5 is the easy choice here but I will need to wait before I am confident in numbers for both

CosmicSex said:

I think PS5 is the easy choice here but I will need to wait before I am confident in numbers for both

If Sony is legit aiming for over 6mil shipped this quarter yeah PS5 should beat Switch pretty easy, though I think Switch will still be competitive in the holidays.

PS5 will crush the Switch this year. The more interesting question is whether it can beat Switch's peak year (a tall order but much more plausible than Switch keeping up with the PS5).

The race to watch is which will win FY 2022 in shipments? Nintendo's forecast was revised from 21 million Switch units down to 18 million. Sony's was revised up from 18 million PS5 units to 19 million.

Japan comparisons have been updated with the data for Week 1,2,3 and 4.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown  /  YOY Charts

Around the Network

USA comparison have been updated with the data for Week 1,2,3 and 4.

Numbers updated with WEEK 1,2,3 and 4 for every comparison!

Charts have been updated. Charts labels have been updated to better represent the months and the numbers.

Charts have been zoomed in and updated with higher resolution.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 26 February 2023

For Wii vs Switch, I think Switch may catch up a little later in the year (may be close behind Wii Sep/Oct/Nov) but it's not going to compete with Wii's December without another new model or a price cut (neither of which will happen IMO)

HigHurtenflurst said:

For Wii vs Switch, I think Switch may catch up a little later in the year (may be close behind Wii Sep/Oct/Nov) but it's not going to compete with Wii's December without another new model or a price cut (neither of which will happen IMO)

Personally I think Switch will finish somewhere between 12 and 16M this year. However contrary to that I put the comparison to 17M because I know how many people here love and want and give highball for the system. So I put this comparison. For now. When the Switch goes too far down from the Wii I will change it probably to Wii's 2007 16.5M? or maybe 3DS strongest year of 13.6M ? or maybe even the PSP's strongest year of 14M ? We will see.

Numbers updated with WEEK 5,6,7 and 8 for every comparison!
Charts have been updated.

PS5 comparison has been changed to vs PS4'17, as PS5 shows very good sales for now.
And despite comparing it to almost 20M sales year, it is in the lead for now.

Japan comparisons thread: JAPAN Console Showdown: 2023 + Charts

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 31 March 2023