By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiplat 2023 OpenCritic Prediction League - Year End Results!

Dead space remake - 83

Hogwarts - 77

Octopath II - 80

Jedi - 82

RE 4 R - 89

Street Fighter 6 - 86

Diablo IV - 84

Hollow Knight - 87

Armored Core VI - 73

Skull n bones - 68 

Around the Network

Dead Space Remake - 85
Hogwarts Legacy - 83
Octopath Traveler II - 80
Skull and Bones - 61
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 85
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 90
Street Figther 6 - 74
Diablo IV - 87
Hollow Knight: Silksong - 88
Armored Core VI - 81

Dead space remake - 84

Hogwarts - 81

Octopath II - 83

Jedi - 78

RE 4 R - 83

Street Fighter 6 - 80

Diablo IV - 81

Hollow Knight - 85

Armored Core VI - 74

Skull n bones - 64 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Dead Space Remake - 83
Hogwarts Legacy - 80
Octopath Traveler II - 82
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 84
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 90
Street Figther 6 - 88
Diablo IV - 88
Hollow Knight: Silksong - 87
Armored Core VI - 86

Reviews have started coming in for the Multiplat League's first game, Dead Space Remake, and it's currently sitting at a very respectable 88, higher than anyone predicted! Impressive stuff and if nothing else it's certainly preferable to being lower than anyone predicted like Forspoken over on the PlayStation League.
As per procedure I will wait a week or two before tallying the points as the score is likely to fluctuate a point or two.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Diablo IV is not going to score below 80 like some of you think, barring a complete disaster. Even the original version of Diablo III has an 88 metascore.

Dead Space: 87
Hogwarts: 85
Octopath: 82
Jedi Survivor: 83
Res 4 Remake: 90
Street Fighter: 81
Diablo 4: 89
Hollowknight 2: 88
Armored Core 6: 85
Skull & Bones: 63

You should add Assassin's Creed Mirage, Suicide Squad, and Dead Island 2. If you do, these are my predictions for them:

AC Mirage: 84

Suicide Squad: 88

Dead Island 2: 75

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 26 January 2023

BonfiresDown said:

Diablo IV is not going to score below 80 like some of you think, barring a complete disaster. Even the original version of Diablo III has an 88 metascore.

Agreed, and from what I've seen of it, 4 looks like a better game than 3. One of the main reasons that 3 reviewed lower than 2 was because it was online only to prevent piracy, which was very controversial in 2012 when 3 released, and while 4 is also online-only, after a decade of more and more games being online only it is less likely the critics will deduct points from 4 for being online-only, people have gotten used to the new normal. They also learned their lessons about pay to win nonsense from Diablo Immortal I think, from what I've heard microtransaction in Diablo 4 will be cosmetic only. That is why I went with an 89, reviewing 1 point above Diablo 3 wouldn't surprise me at all, it could even get a 90 or higher possibly.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 26 January 2023

shikamaru317 said:

Dead Space: 87
Hogwarts: 85
Octopath: 82
Jedi Survivor: 83
Res 4 Remake: 90
Street Fighter: 81
Diablo 4: 89
Hollowknight 2: 88
Armored Core 6: 85
Skull & Bones: 63

You should add Assassin's Creed Mirage, Suicide Squad, and Dead Island 2. If you do, these are my predictions for them:

AC Mirage: 84

Suicide Squad: 88

Dead Island 2: 75

Too late on Dead Space since reviews have already started coming in. Adding Assassin's Creed is a strong possibility, but I'm more hesitant about the others since the first half of the year already has so many titles, though I suppose there is a big gap between RE4 and Street Figther, so if more people want them added I might do it.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I think AC Mirage should be added, but is there a point in doing it before we even have a release date or gameplay? Dead Island and Suicide Squad seem like good candidates to, and maybe Wo Long.