By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Sales - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Nov 20-26

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:

Which "VGChartzStaff" wrote this compelling article on launch day for the Nintendo Switch?

It includes this nice conclusion:

"Final Thoughts & Predictions

I’m looking forward to receiving my Nintendo Switch sometime soon (whenever Royal Mail finally delivers it!) and putting it through its paces, but I'm concerned that Nintendo is making the same mistakes its competitors have made before it, and even repeating some of their missteps with the WiiU. It's in a stronger position to succeed than its immediate predecessor - indeed I see the Switch outselling the WiiU - but in the long run I don't see it coming close to the success of the 3DS or PS4.

Here are my predictions for the Switch over the coming years:

• The Nintendo Switch will sell more than the WiiU (10+ million units)
  • But it will not sell more than 25 million units.
  • At $299.99/£279.99, the Switch won’t sell well beyond launch, resulting in a price drop within its first full year on the market."

Also, does anyone have a handy guide to Switch Sales predictions over the years, in particular 2017?  Would love to see where the range was, and in particular what my prediction was.  I'd like a helping of crow for the holidays if possible.

I remember that back then when the article had gone up, I asked the mod team when the author would get banned for trolling. All they said was that they don't ban people for being stupid.

wtf is wrong with your sig?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Wow, so Switch surpassed PS4 already, congrats to Nintendo... The end of year it will pass the GB and possibly the 120M

Chicho said:

There it is! It won't be long before the Game Boy falls. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Nintendo better supply all the demand for this month , in all territories , they are coming for blood if they are able to do that

+2 million on Xmas week

Around the Network

When was the last time (if ever) that all 3 console manufacturers had their home consoles sell over 1 million each worldwide in a single week?

Torpoleon said:

When was the last time (if ever) that all 3 console manufacturers had their home consoles sell over 1 million each worldwide in a single week?

Black Friday 2018, so it has been 4 years. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

It's very good to see the gaming industry showing such healthy numbers.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
OTBWY said:

Hold up, the Switch was falling off a cliff.

Now it has outsold the PS4?

hihi.

Can't help but wonder what old CliffRick is up to these days? He's sort of legendary lol 

Just what I was thinking. I would have loved to see his comments about the Switch the last couple years and if the sales reality would have changed something to his rhetoric.

Chicho said:

Next time we see this, it should show the DS and PS2 doors WAAAAAAY down at the end of the hall.