By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Year on Year Charts Showdown: February 2024

Will the PS5'24 beat it's 23 year ?

Yes 3 20.00%

No 12 80.00%

Total:15

This is the Year on Year Charts Showdown thread.

This new sales thread is about year on year sales of the consoles and will be updated on a monthly basis.

The charts feature Nintendo Switch, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series consoles and include:

• Global
  • US region
  • EU region
  • Japan region

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nintendo Switch ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nintendo Switch Global ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nintendo Switch US -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nintendo Switch Europe ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nintendo Switch JAPAN ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Playstation 5 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Playstation 5 Global ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Playstation 5 US ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Playstation 5 Europe -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Playstation 5 JAPAN -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- XBOX Series S/X ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Xbox Series Global ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Xbox Series US ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Xbox Series Europe --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Xbox Series JAPAN ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 21 March 2024

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown  /  YOY Charts

Around the Network

Nice work as always!

I love graphs like that.
Nice to see the XBS being ahead of last year in all regions.

Very nice.
it's strange as the PS5 seems to have been doing so well, but it just hadn't registered properly till these graphs that it's still not even beating last year yet in any of the 3 regions.

Pretty sure given the rumours of increased stock it will be able to overtake last year for US region in November, & Japan in December. Europe it's a long way behind but if the stock situation helps it trend closer to regular holiday demand boost it should also overtake it in Nov/December.

Nice visual representation of how things are.

Switch 2022 is under the crazy covid years but still ahead of the early years. PS5 2022 selling below its launch year because of supply issues and XBSX 2022 managing to outdo its launch year.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Charts have been updated with the November data!

nice

yo33331 said:

Charts have been updated with the November data!

Thanks.

Compared to what I expected PS5 to do from my previous post, it has done a lot better in US (November alone allowing it to sail past last years Nov+Dec) slightly better in Japan, but worse than I thought in Europe.

Could be undertracked of course, Europe doesn't really have a Famitsu/NPD as secondary data for VGC to compare to so it might just be that the regions they get secondary figures for (Spain & some insights into UK) happened to be the ones Sony failed to supply.

Charts have been adjusted and updated with the December data!

Global charts have been added to every console!
2020 has been removed from PS5 and XBSX as it is only 2 months.
All charts have been adjusted slightly!

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 29 January 2023