By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22
Machiavellian said:
Zippy6 said:

Or even just create a new IP with one of their western studios that caters to a Japanese audience. Just look at Ghost of Tsushima. Made by an American Studio but was very popular in Japan. The 4th most popular ps4 game in Japan from a western developer beaten only by GTAV, Minecraft and Blackops 4. Catering to a Japanese audience also doesn't necessarily hurt sales elsewhere, again using ghosts as an example it sold over 10m worldwide.

The question is who knows if MS has attempted this and got little result.  As far as MS having one of their studios make games that cater to the Japanese market, I would rather they just make games they have a good understanding on how to make instead.  Forcing something along these lines never work and the product would usually come out subpar.  Instead if a developer has a ideal for a game and they are confident they can realize their vision is a much better approach.

MS did attempt to get a partnership with Koei Tecmo but they rejected it Bloomberg made an article that said so, Koei Tecmo make exclusives for Switch and PlayStation and yet refused to partner with MS.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 28 March 2023

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Machiavellian said:

The question is who knows if MS has attempted this and got little result.  As far as MS having one of their studios make games that cater to the Japanese market, I would rather they just make games they have a good understanding on how to make instead.  Forcing something along these lines never work and the product would usually come out subpar.  Instead if a developer has a ideal for a game and they are confident they can realize their vision is a much better approach.

MS did attempt to get a partnership with Koei Tecmo but they rejected it Forbes made an article that said so, Koei Tecmo make exclusives for Switch and PlayStation and yet refused to partner with MS.

Yeah I was shocked to see Koei Tecmo agree to a game pass deal for Wo Long, then I see them partner with PS to make Rise of the Ronin, which they've already said will be their biggest game to date. 

gtotheunit91 said:
EspadaGrim said:

MS did attempt to get a partnership with Koei Tecmo but they rejected it Forbes made an article that said so, Koei Tecmo make exclusives for Switch and PlayStation and yet refused to partner with MS.

Yeah I was shocked to see Koei Tecmo agree to a game pass deal for Wo Long, then I see them partner with PS to make Rise of the Ronin, which they've already said will be their biggest game to date. 

They even partnered with EA for a game that was more shocking to me.

I believe that this is the article that mentions it, note that this article is also the first I believe to allude that Sony was shutting down Japan studio by not renewing contracts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-07/microsoft-sets-sights-on-sony-s-home-turf-in-game-console-clash?leadSource=uverify%20wall

MS have tried but is finding it hard to get partnerships and exclusives in Japan to try to compete there, this is why I’m in the camp that they should just buy Platinum Games since they are basically asking to get bought out MS need to swallow their pride so they can at least start somewhere.

Even more nails in the coffin for E3!

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Forza Horizon 5 expansion is tomorrow, anybody gonna be playing?

Yeah I finished all the achievements on Hot Wheels expansion and already bought Rally Adventure last week!

Barozi said:
KiigelHeart said:

No, I mean.. I don't.. I was just.. elaborating why I sarcastically called the post satire? I don't know anymore..

But I'm very close to banning you both with your own banhammers now!

Are you the guy who "hacked" into the admin accounts and posted the black dick pics?

I'm the guy who calls IT support every week at work :P 

Amazon now shows sales data.

@trunkswd

KiigelHeart said:
Barozi said:

Are you the guy who "hacked" into the admin accounts and posted the black dick pics?

I'm the guy who calls IT support every week at work :P 

I joke to folks like that they are job security

Something definitely feels off with how low stock has been for Series X. Even if Xbox is already saving up units for the Diablo bundle and a Starfield bundle, it doesn't seem like PS5 should have 3x as much stock available as Xbox has right now in the US, their strongest market. Maybe they are doing another Cloud server expansion and the X chips are being diverted there again.