By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22
EpicRandy said:
Zippy6 said:

Here's the statement to Eurogamer from a Microsoft spokesperson in full: "We haven't pulled any games from PlayStation. In fact, we've expanded our footprint of games that we've shipped on Sony's PlayStation since our acquisition of ZeniMax, and the first two games we shipped after closing were PlayStation 5 exclusives. We did the same thing since our closing of Minecraft as we extended the reach of that franchise.

So an MS spokesperson has responded to the Redfall news saying they "haven't pulled any games from PlayStation". Isn't that just a blatant lie? Starfield was clearly in development for PlayStation before the acquisition of Bethesda and I have serious doubts that Redfall was never in development for PlayStation.

They'd have been better to remain silent than say this.

Microsoft hasn't "pulled any games from PlayStation" following Redfall PS5 reports | Eurogamer.net

Redfall was not released on PS nor was it annouced so how is Microsoft lying when they say they have not pulled the title from PS. They did not say they have not stopped any devlopment initiative regarding PlayStation which would have been a lie.

It's just annoying business/politician speak that confused me as them denying the Redfall article this is a response to was true. Responding to something without actually confirming or denying it and just making a semi related comment.

"Did you eat my orange?"

"I've never eaten an apple."

Around the Network

The question is, if the deal goes thru what ABK dead ip needs to be revived?

Ryuu96 said:

Now I'm wondering about Diablo again.

There's a possibility that EC could close before the deadline, as they have done before, CMA's deadline is April, is it possible they both align and close in April?

Then it all depends on if Microsoft is bold enough to close over FTC.

I think the deal has a good chance of closing in June now.

Yeah same here, I probably wait Tears of the Kingdom will certainly keep me occupied anyway.

I don't think the FTC is bold enough to continue alone on this case, they wanted increased scrutiny by other regulators that are more strict then themselves which they have actually achieved. Now they should cut the crap before they spend more tax payer money in vain. One funny real possibility though is that Sony is still forced to submit a great amount of docs to MS as a part of the discovery process in the FTC case and there's a chance they end up fulfilling this just to have the FTC to end the case a few weeks later.

Sony will definitely still be offered a contract I would think, if only for Microsoft to continue to look good to regulators and because they've already made that public commitment now.

But I imagine it'll be worse than the one CMA could have enforced, it'll likely be a bog standard contract, it surely won't have any of that stuff about someone watching over Microsoft to ensure parity in tech/content and Sony will be paying whatever Microsoft deems appropriate for PS+ inclusion.

Not that they even need a contract, Minecraft doesn't have one, but oh well.

ice said:

The question is, if the deal goes thru what ABK dead ip needs to be revived?

Modern-day Gabriel Knight would be lit.

Around the Network

TPS StarCraft by The Coalition.

Ryuu96 said:

Sony will definitely still be offered a contract I would think, if only for Microsoft to continue to look good to regulators and because they've already made that public commitment now.

But I imagine it'll be worse than the one CMA could have enforced, it'll likely be a bog standard contract, it surely won't have any of that stuff about someone watching over Microsoft to ensure parity in tech/content and Sony will be paying whatever Microsoft deems appropriate for PS+ inclusion.

Yes since they are not entitled to it through behavioral remedies with the CMA, there's should be no parity watchdog (poor DF they were getting ready to expand... JK). Let see if Sony's pride prevent them from signing a contract or they take their loss and expose their bad faith on this.

Food for though. Sony already have marketing contract for like another 2 years that give them exclusive content on CoD and MS should be expected to follow through on those but if Sony sign a new 10 years deal it is possible that it is worded to take precedence over any existing deals regarding the franchise for Sony. So maybe there's a reason for Sony not to sign a contract but by doing so they would again also expose how much of a bad faith their past argument were as they would show no fear that MS remove CoD from PS pass those 2 years.  

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 24 March 2023

Ryuu96 said:

MS is never going to take their offer off the table for Sony and even if Sony doesn't sign, MS will still support PS as usual.  COD needs to continue to sell and the PS base is its biggest so it needs to keep them very happy.  I actually do not believe MS cares if Sony signs or not.

Sony had a chance to negotiate more than just COD but as I stated a long time ago, it was not the best stragety to make everything about COD and as long as they did so, it would cost them.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

MS is never going to take their offer off the table for Sony and even if Sony doesn't sign, MS will still support PS as usual.  COD needs to continue to sell and the PS base is its biggest so it needs to keep them very happy.  I actually do not believe MS cares if Sony signs or not.

Sony had a chance to negotiate more than just COD but as I stated a long time ago, it was not the best stragety to make everything about COD and as long as they did so, it would cost them.

Agreed, even if 15 million new gamepass subscribers sign up in the next 2 years because of the acquisition, that is 1.8 billion new dollars per year.  Call of Duty games regularly make 2 billion+ so they are going to need it selling well on Sony's console for at least awhile.

Ryuu96 said:

TPS StarCraft by The Coalition.

Revive Starcraft Ghost