By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 13 72.22%

Live on the Surface 5 27.78%

Total:18
the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

You should see ResetEra's Xbox OT sometimes, those MFs are on edge 24/7

It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

Even when things are going pretty good. 

Maybe it's because I'm a huge Age of Empires fanboy, but I feel now is not the time to complain

Yeah, if there's one Xbox fanbase that definitely has no reason to be complaining is Age of Empires fans lol. Who would've thought the franchise would've gone from a dead IP to absolutely flourishing! Not only remasters of the original trilogy and a brand-new game, but with AoE 1 DE getting ported to AoE 2 DE's engine, and of course Age of Mythology: Retold on the horizon (still geeking out about that announcement) there's still a TON to look forward to for in the franchise! Not to mention AoE 2's console port turning out to be amazing, and with AoE 4 coming to console later this year, you have to imagine all the other games will make it to console someday too. 

Then there's the mobile game

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

You should see ResetEra's Xbox OT sometimes, those MFs are on edge 24/7

It's impossible to keep everyone happy.

Even when things are going pretty good. 

Maybe it's because I'm a huge Age of Empires fanboy, but I feel now is not the time to complain

Ryuu96 said:

Oh and all this is on top of Sony coming off 3 incredible gens, PS2/PS3/PS4, Lol.

Surely you mean 4 incredible gens. 

PS1 generation was probably stronger than the PS3 gen by a lot of metrics.

Tbf to Era, it's usually the same few doom-posters, Lol.

Yeah, I'll be honest, forgot how well PS1 sold but now that I see, have to include that too. Even at their worst, it comes nowhere near the damage that Xbox One caused. It has just been strong gen after strong gen, very few slipups, none which hugely affect a consumer base. Aside from RROD, Xbox had a ton going for it in the 360 gen and still lost in the end and that was with the Kinect fad giving them a boost, Lol.

It will be a huge uphill battle for Xbox to get close to PS again, even with tons of great exclusives (forgot to mention them releasing their 1st party day one to PC as well). Sony is ahead, Sony is the market leader, PS5 is on lock for 100m+ already while Xbox is harder to predict.

Though again, I don't think it really matters as long as the business is healthy and growing, I think Microsoft have given up on getting close to Sony's marketshare and are going for an entirely different business route (consoles still important but not the only measure of success).

Pierre done more for Infinite in 5 months than 343 accomplished in a year under the last leadership 💀

I will always blame Don Mattrick for the later years of the 360’s life and obviously the launch of the XOne. MS was looking into the tech for the Kinect due to the success of the Wii, but when Don joined, he really pushed for it and has always been credited as the one who spearheaded for development of the Kinect that ultimately lead to his demise. Not to mention pushing for Xbox to become more of an entertainment device rather than mainly for gaming.

Don did more harm to the Xbox brand than anyone else ever will.

Man.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that Forge translates well to Unreal Engine.

If it doesn't then it'd be a huge mistake...Hope Pierre knows what he is doing, Lol.

Forge is GOAT in Infinite.

I'm actually less worried about the "Feel" as I think they'd probably be able to replicate that.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Man.

If it doesn't then it'd be a huge mistake...Hope Pierre knows what he is doing, Lol.

I'm actually less worried about the "Feel" as I think they'd probably be able to replicate that.

I have a feeling 343 will be working VERY closely with Epic in developing a build of Unreal that will be able to replicate the feel, physics, and most importantly, Forge. 

Ryuu96 said:

Man.

Nothing is impossible.

It just might be a good bit of work.

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Man.

I have a feeling 343 will be working VERY closely with Epic in developing a build of Unreal that will be able to replicate the feel, physics, and most importantly, Forge. 

This isn't necessarily how it works. You don't necessarily need a custom build. 

You just have different project files. 

the-pi-guy said:
gtotheunit91 said:

This isn't necessarily how it works. You don't necessarily need a custom build. 

You just have different project files. 

The thing is that I haven't seen anything like Forge ever done in Unreal before. Unreal has never even been mod friendly either.

Now we're expecting for Unreal to almost be as flexible as Creation Engine lol. 

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 February 2023

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 February 2023