By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22

Not sure what they can do when the market is moving towards digital, the consumers have decided and they're moving digital (even without Game Pass), I think stopping retail entirely is a bit extreme but ultimately the inevitable is a digital driven market which is happening as we speak, the digital/retail split for Xbox, PlayStation and multiple publishers goes in favour of digital now.

Ironically them cutting the physical copies of games will just speed up the growth of digital share.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 February 2023

Around the Network

"Our approach today is that the Bureau of Competition will only recommend acceptance of divestitures that allow the buyer to operate the divested business on a standalone basis, quickly, effectively and independently, and with the same incentives and comparable resources as the original owner," she said.

So Microsoft vs FTC in court it is. This drama won't ever end, Lol.

Doesn't seem like they'll back down even if CMA/EC do approve it.

So for the FTC, it's nope/okay, NEXT!

gtotheunit91 said:

If you block everything, one day you'll get a win.

When they go 0-99 in court cases lost but finally get that 1-99: Job well done.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

And then you take that 1 win, have it define your career, eventually write a book about it, make bank

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

And then you take that 1 win, have it define your career, eventually write a book about it, make bank

Ultimately though, I'm about 30% on this passing now and if CMA blocks it then it's going to be frustrating to see FTC take credit for it

Also, Hi-Fi Rush is so good.

Ryuu96 said:

Also, Hi-Fi Rush is so good.

I'm enjoying it so far. Have a few issues with it on the design side of things, but overall it seems deserving of the high scores from what I've played. 

Wait, Microsoft themselves are shutting down physical distribution in Brazil, not the retailers.

Yeah, that does sound a bit confusing, unless the retailers were already stopping physical distribution beforehand.

"Been pointed out that the reason for the closure of production and distribution of physical games would be the "low sales", which have generated injury to retailers.

The process of pressing the discs, printing the inserts and all the distribution logistics ends up costing the product. Because of this, consumers end up paying more in physical media games (especially when they are purchased in physical stores scattered in malls or shopping malls)."

I'm a bit confused, it's the retailers choice to stock the games, so why would Microsoft care if it "hurts" them, it's ultimately their decision and Microsoft aren't forcing them to stock the games, also, why would they stock games if it hurt them?

Is it simply that retailers in Brazil weren't stocking physical anymore and/or the cost of distribution in Brazil no longer makes sense for physical copies? Sounds more likely that Microsoft caring about the bottom line of retailers, Lol.

Would be interested in seeing the physical/digital split in Brazil for Xbox.