By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Awesome news!

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

Awesome news!

Well deserved sales. The game was fantastic.

I got a subscription to Equity Report.

They have 4 reports about the case in the last two months with interesting new info. I share now a summary of the most recent one and later in the day the other three.

CMA Likely to Publish Provisional Findings on Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Merger by Next Week | Equity Report

- Provisional findings (PF) from he CMA coming next week.

- The sources (two lawyers linked to the parties or third parties) say that MS is waiting the PF before offering remedies.

- The CMA is very hard to read at the moment and MS will probably learn about what's happening at the same time as everybody else.

- The outcome of the PF could depend on wether they include the ecosystem theory of harm or not.

- If the CMA blocks the deal, they'll need to back up its claims with substantive evidence from third parties to defend its position in a possible appeal.

- A third source, another lawyer linked to the case, believes that the deal shouldn't be opposed but that aligning remedies between the CMA and the EC will be a challenge because the CMA has a more formal approach and the EU process is more interactive.

- The same lawyer believes that the regulators' position about the case is a combination of the vocal opposition from a competitor (Sony) and some overreaction over the last ten years where vertical mergers have been constantly approved. "It's odd that it even got this far", he/she says.

- Sony may have been rejecting the offers from MS hoping to secure better licensing terms through a formal remedy agreement.

Source: Idas

Timestamp

Flight Simulator is Adding the Antonov AN-225.

The World's Biggest Airplane, Destroyed In Ukraine by the Russians.

Jorg says the price is going to be approximately $20. Jorg also confirmed that Asobo will take 0% of the money raised from selling the AN-225, and that all proceeds will go directly to the Antonov company and the company has earmarked these funds specifically for rebuilding the 225.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 February 2023

coolbeans said:

Awesome news!

Great game, I played it with my sister via Gamepass Ultimate/EA Play last year. It is better than Josef's previous 2 games, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and A Way Out. Absolutely deserved sales. Microsoft really failed by letting EA get Josef after Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons released as a 360 arcade timed exclusive and Summer of Arcade game, they should have offered him a 1st party Xbox studio. 

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Rumor is Xbox is about to lose all physical retail game releases in Brazil. Xbox really needs to change up the way they do some things, killing physical is a very poor way to perform well in certain markets.

https://nerdizmo.uai.com.br/jogos-de-xbox-nao-serao-mais-fabricados-e-distribuidos-no-brasil/

Their retail presence is shit in Japan as well, it's a big part of why JP Xbox Series sales are lackluster.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 03 February 2023

shikamaru317 said:

Rumor is Xbox is about to lose all physical retail game releases in Brazil. Xbox really needs to change up the way they do some things, killing physical is a very poor way to perform well in certain markets.

https://nerdizmo.uai.com.br/jogos-de-xbox-nao-serao-mais-fabricados-e-distribuidos-no-brasil/

Yeah, I get majority of sales will be digital, but come on! 

Unless 99.9% of all sales in Brazil are digital, I really don't see the reason for this.

As a PC gamer, we had that band aid ripped off a decade ago you find a box copy of a game, it's just gonna have a Steam code.