By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Where are you seeing 1.211m for Xbox One in 2015? I am looking at our data and see 1.094M. 

I was using VGC's 2018 weekly chart, rather than the hardware tool. You guys have 2 different numbers listed for that week it seems. 

https://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40874/Global/

I believe those old weekly charts are stuck where they are and no longer update. You will have to use this tool. https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

I was using VGC's 2018 weekly chart, rather than the hardware tool. You guys have 2 different numbers listed for that week it seems. 

https://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40874/Global/

I believe those old weekly charts are stuck where they are and no longer update. You will have to use this tool. https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

Yeah, I believe the hardware tool shows it beating every previous Xbox black friday week except for 2011 then, which had a whopping 1.377m on the back of games like Skyrim with Xbox marketing, Halo CE Anniversary, CoD MW3 with Xbox marketing, and Assassin's Creed 3, and of course Kinect, and 2 Holiday bundles for 360, one with Kinect and 2 games, the other with Halo Reach and Fable 3.

Tried pre-installing through PC Game Pass. Keep getting an error trying to install unless it's on my boot drive.........still a lot of work needing to be done on the Xbox app still excited!

Funny that there were so many people who believed that Kinect would allow 360 to eventually blow past Xbox Series on the launch aligned chart. Xbox just beat 2 different Kinect boosted black friday weeks (2010 and 2012), with no big Holiday exclusive, no big Holiday 3rd party marketing rights, no discount on Series X, and only a mediocre microtransaction for Fortnite/Rocket League/Fallguys Series S bundle and $50 discount.

I think it's safe to say that Xbox Series will be able to beat Kinect boosted 360 later this gen with actual big Holiday exclusives and big 3rd party marketing rights, better S and X bundles, and bigger S and X discounts.

Looks like a bunch of aliasing and definitely dropping frame rates, but I still can't wait for this one.  I'm willing to overlook a bunch of that, probably won't even notice when a horde of undead coming at my ass.  Still has almost 5 months to work out some of that.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

Looks like a bunch of aliasing and definitely dropping frame rates, but I still can't wait for this one.  I'm willing to overlook a bunch of that, probably won't even notice when a horde of undead coming at my ass.  Still has almost 5 months to work out some of that.

I don't think that is actually aliasing, seems to be a heat shimmer effect instead. Hope that can be disabled though as it looks like aliasing. Game definitely looks pretty good overall, cautiously optimistic that Sumo and Dambuster built a pretty good game here.

Edit: Nvm, I see actual aliasing on fences at night later in the trailer, there would be no heat shimmer at night. Seems like there is a mix of actual aliasing issues and the heat shimmer effect then.

Curious that they still haven't revealed what the 4 playable characters look like. We have 2 of them in 1st person view with their voices and names in this trailer, Jacob and Amy, but we don't get to see what they actually look like. Maybe they went for character customization with male and female options and only 2 characters instead of 4? 

I thought FTC is 3 Dems/1 Republican and one of those 3 Dems is Lina?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 December 2022

Mr. Smith is going to Washington — and the hope is to get Microsoft’s $69 billion acquisition of Activision cleared by the feds.

Microsoft President Brad Smith is planning to meet with the Federal Trade Commission’s three Democratic members on Wednesday in a last-ditch bid to keep the tech giant’s blockbuster video-game deal from getting scrapped over antitrust concerns, The Post has learned.

Smith and a small group of his attorneys are slated to meet individually with FTC Chair Lina Khan — who is said to be skeptical of the tie-up and who this summer pledged to scrutinize the deal over its impact on workers — as well as Democratic commissioners Rebecca Slaughter and Alvaro Bedoya, according to sources close to the situation.

On Sunday, The Post exclusively reported that at least one Democrat on the four-member panel has recently taken a sympathetic view of the merger — with insiders speculating it might be Slaughter — potentially paving the way for it to get approved. Republican FTC Commissioner Christine Wilson has already voiced support of the deal.

The FTC’s commissioners are slated for a closed-door meeting on Thursday to discuss the merger and there’s an outside chance they could vote on it, sources said.

The panel also could meet to vote on the deal later this month. Microsoft had believed the FTC would make its final ruling in the first quarter of 2023 but the FTC review has lately moved at a faster pace than it expected, the source said.

Sources said Smith — who on Monday wrote an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal arguing for the deal — will stress that Microsoft is now offering rival Sony a 10-year licensing deal for Activision games including “Call of Duty” on its PlayStation consoles, and that the games would be released to them at the same time it becomes available on Microsoft’s Xbox.

As reported by The Post, a fellow Democrat supporting the Microsoft deal could create a difficult path to block the deal for FTC Chair Khan — who according to insiders has eyed Microsoft’s deal as a major target as she looked to burnish her credentials as a trustbuster of Big Tech.

That’s because a 2-2 vote would not only fail to block the deal, but also would result in it getting cleared without any major conditions imposed by a settlement, including the concessions it has recently pledged to Sony.

FTC’s staff was reportedly close to recommending a suit to block the deal, but that was reportedly before the Microsoft floated its settlement offer.

Microsoft President Brad Smith to Meet with FTC Bigs Over $69B Activision Deal

NY Post is very biased from what I recall. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.