By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 13 72.22%

Live on the Surface 5 27.78%

Total:18
trunkswd said:
EpicRandy said:

Yes and this cannot be any clearer with Microsoft stipulating their intention to also bring back the franchise to Nintendo's hardware.

You know what Microsoft should offer a contractual agreement to Nintendo to bring CoD on Nintendo's planforms for at least 10 years if the deal goes through. Doing so would fly in the face off Sony's bad faith arguments and either force them to accept Microsoft deal or double down on the hypocrisies.

That would be funny if Microsoft also signs a deal with Nintendo to bring CoD to the Switch. Only way they can run on the Switch I can see if having them running on the cloud.

it would certainly be a sub par experience and the multiplayer would be better locked to the platform for fairness. but still impressive stuff are made on the switch and I believe CoD can have a native version (a combination of sub 720p resolutions (undocked), 30fps lock, downgraded model, texture, lightning, shadows, support 8 vs 8 max instead of 32 vs 32 and smaller map version) but hey if it make a $70B deal pass, it would all be worth it.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 28 November 2022

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
trunkswd said:

That would be funny if Microsoft also signs a deal with Nintendo to bring CoD to the Switch. Only way they can run on the Switch I can see if having them running on the cloud.

it would certainly be a sub par experience and the multiplayer would be better locked to the platform to be fair. but still impressive stuff are made on the switch and I believe CoD can have a native version on their (a combination of sub 720p resolutions, 30fps lock, downgraded model, texture, lightning, shadows, support 8 vs 8 max instead of 32 vs 32 and smaller map version) but hey if it make a $70B deal pass, it would all be worth it.

I do agree CoD would need to be severely downgraded to run on the Switch. 

Last edited by trunkswd - on 28 November 2022

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Anyone else have their Xbox UI update? Mine now has a search and settings in the top right, along with a mic symbol and battery charge symbol. I also think some of the symbols for the pop up when you press the Xbox button are different. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

I go agree CoD would need to be severely downgraded to run on the Switch. 

At the same time 5 years is the typical lifecycle for Nintendo System which the switch already at if a deal between MS and Nintendo would except titles already to far down the production pipeline chance are they wouldn't even have to worry about the switch.

trunkswd said:
EpicRandy said:

it would certainly be a sub par experience and the multiplayer would be better locked to the platform to be fair. but still impressive stuff are made on the switch and I believe CoD can have a native version on their (a combination of sub 720p resolutions, 30fps lock, downgraded model, texture, lightning, shadows, support 8 vs 8 max instead of 32 vs 32 and smaller map version) but hey if it make a $70B deal pass, it would all be worth it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Switch gets CoD Mobile rather than a mainline release. 

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
trunkswd said:

At the same time 5 years is the typical lifecycle for Nintendo System which the switch already at if a deal between MS and Nintendo would except titles already to far down the production pipeline chance are they wouldn't even have to worry about the switch.

Indeed this would likely mean a port to Switch 2 as this gen is as good as over in another 2 years for Nintendo.

And looking at my Steamdeck i think Nintendo can outmatch it and will nextgen.

EpicRandy said:
trunkswd said:

You are probably right. Whatever the next Nintendo hybrid console is the power should be a bit more than PS4 and Xbox One, but still a decent amount below the Xbox Series S. Considering CoD is still on the PS4 and Xbox One, downgrading to Nintendo's next platform shouldn't be too hard to do. 

gtotheunit91 said:
trunkswd said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Switch gets CoD Mobile rather than a mainline release. 

Yeah possibly CoD Mobile. I forget that even exists as I don't do mobile gaming. 

As I have been stating, MS want everything to be centered around COD, because they can control this aspect from the regulators since they really do not care about any concessions, they will have to make concerning the franchise. I would personally say that Sony may have played themselves and played right into MS hands by making the IP front and center which could take away scrutiny in other areas MS probably would not want to fight over.

trunkswd said:
EpicRandy said:

You are probably right. Whatever the next Nintendo hybrid console is the power should be a bit more than PS4 and Xbox One, but still a decent amount below the Xbox Series S. Considering CoD is still on the PS4 and Xbox One, downgrading to Nintendo's next platform shouldn't be too hard to do. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Yeah possibly CoD Mobile. I forget that even exists as I don't do mobile gaming. 

If they can match or outpace the steamdeck i dont think that will really be the case. Not by that much where it matters anyways. Sure the Series S will still be more powerful imo (Unless Nintendo shocks us). But it wont be enough to stop ports since my steamdeck atm can play everything the Series S can and that powerlevel doesnt grow until the next gen.

Machiavellian said:

As I have been stating, MS want everything to be centered around COD, because they can control this aspect from the regulators since they really do not care about any concessions, they will have to make concerning the franchise. I would personally say that Sony may have played themselves and played right into MS hands by making the IP front and center which could take away scrutiny in other areas MS probably would not want to fight over.

Indeed. and even now more people are saying this. It seems like Sony have played right into Ms hands by making CoD such a big deal as Ms are willing to give all the concessions in the world when it comes to CoD and you cant blame them as CoD really does make the most money being multi plat just like Minecraft.