By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Reminder.

Italian Site Multiplayer.it interviewed Arianna Podestà, Coordinating Spokesperson for economic affairs of the European Commission, who signed the Phase 2 announcement document regarding the Microsoft-Activision proposal.

First 23 minutes.

- Very, very high possibilities to close a deal in phase 2 with concessions
- Highy difficult if not impossible to terminate a phase 2 without concessions
- If Microsoft clarifies EU Commission doubts, no problem, it closes

L'UE BOCCIA l'acquisizione Microsoft Activision? - Il Cortocircuito - YouTube

It's very likely passing in EC.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

So basically what they already offered? then nothing has changed since Phil already said that he isn’t making it exclusive, As long as they don’t make some argument that they can’t put the game on Gamepass or Xcloud then it’s fine imo.

Get this crap done as soon as possible so they can go acquire studios that I actually want.

What they offered Sony, yeah, except they're taking it straight to EC to try to close the deal faster.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 November 2022

Idas (Era Lawyer) is speculating that it's a tactic by Microsoft to get the deal closed in January in the EU which in turn could put pressure on the CMA to do the same (in January) which would leave only the FTC which if they took Microsoft to court, they'd get slapped down anyway.

Lots of ifs though, if EC accepts the proposal and if that puts pressure on CMA. Nobody ever really doubted it passing in EC, but this is an attempt to speed up the timeframe, it's CMA who everyone is watching, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 November 2022

Concession to keep Call of Duty on PS for 10 years would be more than worth it as Microsoft was already planning on keeping the franchise on PS anyway. Unless the concession is to keep all Activision Blizzard games multiplatform for 10 years?

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Concession to keep Call of Duty on PS for 10 years would be more than worth it as Microsoft was already planning on keeping the franchise on PS anyway. Unless the concession is to keep all Activision Blizzard games multiplatform for 10 years?

Funny that the article doesn't specifically point out CoD

I'm sure it's CoD though.

Around the Network

Activision shares were up 2% after the Reuters story was published.

The deal has been cleared unconditionally in Brazil, Saudi Arabia and Serbia.

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

You would think it is CoD and not other games. Several games from them aren't even on consoles. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

You would think it is CoD and not other games. Several games from them aren't even on consoles. 

I don’t think any other game other than CoD has been mentioned in regulatory briefings

Yeah, most Blizzard games are PC only. It’s just Diablo and Overwatch that are on console. 

gtotheunit91 said:
trunkswd said:

I don’t think any other game other than CoD has been mentioned in regulatory briefings

Yeah, most Blizzard games are PC only. It’s just Diablo and Overwatch that are on console. 

I agree the deal is most likely for CoD and nothing else from Activision Blizzard. 

trunkswd said:

I don't think Microsoft really cares about keeping anything away from Sony's consoles now as long as they get day 1 on Game Pass.