By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22

I would love to see some actual combat from Hellblade 2 instead of what was shone last time. Really not excited for this game as I believe visually it will look great but gameplay wise will be wanting from what I look for in such a game. I would like to see a lot more polish in Starfield since that should be coming soon. After that, there really isn't much coming from MS that has me excited.

Around the Network

Yep, hoping for 3 or 4 Xbox games there. Starfield and Redfall need to be there with release dates. Would be great if Contraband and Avowed are there as well, with gameplay reveals. Feels too soon for anything brand new to be revealed, except maybe Project Belfry, as it is supposed to be a 2023 release. Definitely not expecting to see a reveal trailer for Projects Cobalt, Shaolin, Dragon, or Midnight. Also not expecting to see gameplay for SoD 3 or Perfect Dark. Hellblade 2 could make a threepeat appearance at the game awards though I hope it doesn't. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 28 November 2022

Calling it now. Starfield to launch on May 5, 2023. Why that date? It is National Space Day and is a Friday.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jez trying to get word out there that Xbox may not be at TGA for regulatory reasons but I don’t buy it. Starfield, Redfall, Ara: History Untold, and Avowed are my biggest hopes. 

If Hellblade 2 is there, it has to be with a release date! 

Hellblade 2 being shown again without any release date would be taking the piss a little, Lol.

Yeah, I saw what Jez said, he said it's speculation, he did say he has heard mixed things about Xbox at TGA's though. I'll say what I said about when it was rumoured that Sony delayed their showcase for regulatory reasons: It makes no sense.

It makes even less sense for Microsoft, the acquirer, who are the ones under active investigation, do people really think that regulators can't just force Microsoft to tell them their line up? They are able to get everything else out of them including extremely private business-related information which is far more confidential than a videogame line-up and never leaks due to how highly confidential it is.

Microsoft revealing a game or announcing a release date isn't going to change a dang thing, Lol. Regulators already know Starfield is coming in early 2023, they know Xbox's announced lineup, they could easily make Microsoft tell them their future line-up if they wanted that information, heck, regulators are even using leaked information in their reports, they straight up mention Compulsion Games Project Midnight in their reports, they'll know about InXile's RPG and other things too, Lol.

Also, if this made any sense, Microsoft wouldn't have held a June showcase either.

I'll say it now that I don't think Starfield will get a release date, I think Bethesda will wait until about a few months from release. I don't think they'll want to do the same mistake again of giving an exact release date and look like fools a 2nd time if it is delayed again, I know people don't like hearing me say it but another delay is still possible, Lol.

Especially if it's releasing in either May or June, right at the end of the planned first half release date, Lol. Moving the date to August whilst only a couple months delay is still a delay for example. I think they'll wait until the very last minute before announcing a new date.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 November 2022

Around the Network

I would be surprised if they gave it another delay. You have to remember, it was already delayed twice (it received an internal, last second delay from Q4 2021 to Q4 2022 right before E3 2021, then the official delay from Q4 2022 to Q2 2023 later on). The game entered active development in late 2015 with a partial dev team and full development with a full sized dev team in late 2018, meaning it now has 7 years of total active development, including 4 years with the full dev team. On top of that, Bethesda surely has people from just about every studio they own assisting on the game right now, plus Xbox may even have some of their studios assisting as well. The game already looked quite polished back at E3, and that was a year before the end of the Q2 2023 release window. I think it will make Q2 2023 for sure, only reason it wouldn't is if Xbox decides it will have more sales impact as a Holiday 2023 release.

trunkswd said:

Calling it now. Starfield to launch on May 5, 2023. Why that date? It is National Space Day and is a Friday.

Yup, I've mentioned that date before as well, it's perfect timing and Todd loves his super unique dates

• 12th April = The International Day of Human Space Flight is the annual celebration, of the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin.
  • 5th May = Space Day is an unofficial educational holiday that was first created in 1997 by Lockheed Martin.
  • 5th May = National Astronaut Day is an American commemorative day held on May 5th. It commemorates the first United States human spaceflight, on May 5, 1961, piloted by astronaut Alan Shepard.

May 5th makes more sense, especially for an American company, Lol. Plus, it gives them an extra month.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 November 2022

BRUSSELS, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Microsoft (MSFT.O) is likely to offer remedies to EU antitrust regulators in the coming weeks to stave off formal objections to its $69-billion bid for "Call of Duty" maker Activision Blizzard (ATVI.O), people familiar with the matter said.

The deadline for the European Commission, which is investigating the deal, to set out a formal list of competition concerns known as a statement of objection is in January. Offering remedies before such a document is issued could shorten the regulatory process.

Microsoft's remedy would consist mainly of a 10-year licensing deal to Playstation owner and critic of the deal Sony (6758.T), another person with direct knowledge said.

Exclusive: Microsoft likely to offer EU concessions soon in Activision deal -sources | Reuters

So basically what they already offered? then nothing has changed since Phil already said that he isn’t making it exclusive, As long as they don’t make some argument that they can’t put the game on Gamepass or Xcloud then it’s fine imo.

Get this crap done as soon as possible so they can go acquire studios that I actually want. Also people need to remember that 10 years doesn’t equal 10 CoD games hopefully MS puts a stop to a yearly release for CoD.