By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22
Ryuu96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Source: Idas.

Gamepass was expected to be around 35 million in July 2022 (page 82)

Since its launch in 2017, Game Pass has gradually grown to approximately 25 million subscribers. As above, this is 10 million fewer subscribers (28%) than what was forecasted for Fiscal Year 2022.

So here they say that they missed their forecast by 28%. Satya's bonus was missed by 45% in the same FY2022, so we have the difference between internal/Satya bonus now. But wouldn't that imply that Game Pass has stayed at 25m since January 2022? I'm a little confused unless Game Pass has completely stagnated or I'm being an idiot.

Microsoft's 2022 fiscal year ended June 30, 2022. So possible number has grown since.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

So here they say that they missed their forecast by 28%. Satya's bonus was missed by 45% in the same FY2022, so we have the difference between internal/Satya bonus now. But wouldn't that imply that Game Pass has stayed at 25m since January 2022? I'm a little confused unless Game Pass has completely stagnated or I'm being an idiot.

Microsoft's 2022 fiscal year ended June 30, 2022. So possible number has grown since.

I somehow ended up being a game developer, and I'm scared.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Possible it has grown since June 30th, 2022. But it would still surely imply that since the 25m update in January, if they've missed their 35m target by 10m as of FY2022 then between January - June, Game Pass has had next to zero growth?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 November 2022

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

Possible it has grown since June 30th, 2022. But it would still surely imply that since the 25m update in January, if they've missed their 35m target by 10m as of FY2022 then between January - June, Game Pass has had next to zero growth?

Next to no growth with no big releases. Not a big surprise. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

That's true, then I wonder where the fuck Sony got the 29m from, Lol.

Unless I'm misreading something, or Microsoft is being sneaky with the reporting.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

That's true, then I wonder where the fuck Sony got the 29m from, Lol.

Unless I'm misreading something, or Microsoft is being sneaky with the reporting.

I wouldn't worry about it. 

Wonder what took it so long.

Is anyone even planning on subbing to Ubisoft+?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 November 2022

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah, we should have a thread for it, it is annoying when their is already a ton of spam + FTC did that, YMCA did that....

Sorry boss! As you're complaining about both off topic and on topic spam, we'll be quiet and wait for your pre-approved list of things that we can talk about!

For real though, there isn't really anymore spam than the previous three iterations of Empire, unless you're that upset about congratulating Gtotheunit on being a dad, wishing each other Happy Thanksgiving or helping each other out (I don't care if Trunks wanted help to improve his YouTube thumbnails for example, it's a nice thing to do and even that is still somewhat related to Gaming).

Lighten up a little, it is an Xbox thread, that is true and like 95% of it is Xbox related news or Gaming news but as I see it and as I want it, this thread is also a community thread as well, a little off topic every now and then is completely harmless, it isn't hard to skim read past it and any major news will be put into the title anyway.

As for the regulator stuff, I will actually say that I can't wait until 2023 for when we have more things to talk about, a large chunk of this year has been about Activision-Blizzard but that's what happens when Xbox has barely any other news for the entire year or major releases, they're to blame. 2023 will be hugely better in this regard though, they'll still be acquisition talk, but it will be broken up better by other news.

But this regulator talk is also both on topic regardless of the above and provides interesting information on a few occasions, it provides insights into the industry and gives us new information on a few companies, such as the post on the previous page, a lot of that stuff we didn't know about and now we do.

Maybe we could panic less about certain updates but the regulator stuff itself is fine. Maybe it's just me but this sort of post annoys me more than the vast majority of "off-topic spam" Lol. Doesn't really add anything except to vaguely complain. This site is on its last legs, I don't think it's a smart idea to constantly police utterly harmless posts under "spam" like the 2014-2015 days.

I enjoy reading the updates about the ABK merger (and posting about it). Pretty much the only noteworthy thing from Xbox this whole year (for me anyway). 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.