By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 11 78.57%

Live on the Surface 3 21.43%

Total:14
Ryuu96 said:

IGN seem to be really determined to be viewed on the same level as kotaku trash.

Around the Network
Libara said:
Ryuu96 said:

IGN seem to be really determined to be viewed on the same level as kotaku trash.

It will be very hard to reach Kotaku's level

derpysquirtle64 said:
shikamaru317 said:

This is definitely a positive sign for Square Enix support moving forward, it is looking like they might just support Xbox with releases unless Sony specifically pays them to skip Xbox, ala Final Fantasy. Hopefully Sony doesn't hat any more of Square's bigger releases moving forward, hopefully KH4, DQ12, and the 3rd Nier game that they are making will all remain multiplat day one, with only Final Fantasy being timed hatted by Sony out of Square's 4 biggest franchises.

Now we just need them to actually give us late ports on some of the prior titles that skipped Xbox, specifically I really want to see FF7R part 1 and Trials of Mana remake on Xbox personally. Come on Xbox, hat us some ports of those via a day one Gamepass deal.

Third NieR game is not being money hatted for sure. Because it isn't happening.

I never understand how Platinium always looks like to almost file for bankruptcy any day with how much they seem to struggle with money, and yet publishes great games every now and then

SKMBlake said:
Libara said:

It will be very hard to reach Kotaku's level

They are putting the effort to reach it though.

shikamaru317 said:

Lol, just saw that Star Trek Resurgence got a 71 average from critics on OpenCritic, which is a pretty good score imo for a Telltale style adventure game, and yet opencritic says only 27% of critics recommend playing it. Just goes to show how skewed modern game scoring is that 3 out of 4 critics think a 7/10 game is not worth playing these days.

https://opencritic.com/game/14957/star-trek-resurgence

I will definitely grab it in a sale at some point and play it, seems fun to me.

One oddity with OC Top Critic Recommend metric is how recommendations are seemingly locked behind the site's average review score.  

When you're Joe Schmo, there's a clickable tab that says something like "do you heartily recommend this game over most other titles from this past year."  That selectable option isn't there for Top Critics.  

Last edited by coolbeans - on 27 May 2023

Around the Network

Just opened my collector edition of Horizon Forbidden West (to put the big mammoth on a shelve) and well it comes with a download code lol Never really realized it. As I bought it online anyway on day one... (don't judge... just accept the fact that I did that :D)

Does any Xbots also have a Play Station 5 (also work on Play Station 4) and did not buy the game?
It is a great game, like Sony or not, this game is fantastic.

Just message me I guess, will pick one of you and give the code :)

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

I LOVE the "IGN" haha this is so good

shikamaru317 said:

Pretty sure it is. I distinctly remember speculation that Square Enix was creating an internal Nier studio after Nier Automata released and way outsold Square's predictions, because there were Square Enix job listings for Nier in 2017 after Nier Automata released, not positions at external studios but internal hiring for Nier. Yoko Taro has also teased new Nier games at multiple points in those end of the year developer quotes that Japan does every year, and I'm pretty sure some of those teases were after Nier Reincarnation and Nier Replicant remake both released (neither of which was developed by an internal Nier team that Square developed, both were developed by external developers rather than an internal Square team, Toylogic did Nier Remake while Applibot did Nier Reincarnation). 

Nier Automata way outsold Square Enix's internal predictions, it is now at 7.5m copies as of 2023, making it Square's 8th highest selling game of all-time, and the 2nd highest selling Square game that isn't in the Final Fantasy series, only behind Space Invaders. Meanwhile the remake of Nier 1 sold 1.5m copies by 1.5 years after it released, 3x more copies then than the original release of Nier sold lifetime, and the remake will surely move at least 2m copies lifetime. Square would be foolish to not have Yoko Taro developing a 3rd main game in the franchise with sales that high.

Sources

2017 internal Square Enix hiring for Nier series

2021 hiring for Nier after Nier Replicant Remake and Nier Reincarnation both released

2021 end of the year joking by Taro and the rest of the Nier team that the series is dead unless Square gives them a big enough pile of money to tkeep making it (this is Taro's style of humor)

This is all irrelevant because

derpysquirtle64 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Pretty sure it is. I distinctly remember speculation that Square Enix was creating an internal Nier studio after Nier Automata released and way outsold Square's predictions, because there were Square Enix job listings for Nier in 2017 after Nier Automata released, not positions at external studios but internal hiring for Nier. Yoko Taro has also teased new Nier games at multiple points in those end of the year developer quotes that Japan does every year, and I'm pretty sure some of those teases were after Nier Reincarnation and Nier Replicant remake both released (neither of which was developed by an internal Nier team that Square developed, both were developed by external developers rather than an internal Square team, Toylogic did Nier Remake while Applibot did Nier Reincarnation). 

Nier Automata way outsold Square Enix's internal predictions, it is now at 7.5m copies as of 2023, making it Square's 8th highest selling game of all-time, and the 2nd highest selling Square game that isn't in the Final Fantasy series, only behind Space Invaders. Meanwhile the remake of Nier 1 sold 1.5m copies by 1.5 years after it released, 3x more copies then than the original release of Nier sold lifetime, and the remake will surely move at least 2m copies lifetime. Square would be foolish to not have Yoko Taro developing a 3rd main game in the franchise with sales that high.

Sources

2017 internal Square Enix hiring for Nier series

2021 hiring for Nier after Nier Replicant Remake and Nier Reincarnation both released

2021 end of the year joking by Taro and the rest of the Nier team that the series is dead unless Square gives them a big enough pile of money to tkeep making it (this is Taro's style of humor)

This is all irrelevant because

I think you know he was joking and are messing with me, but just in case you didn't, that is Taro's unique brand of humor to say things like that. He wasn't being serious when he said Nier was dead, the guy to his side, who is Square's Nier executive producer immediately said "you may be proved to be telling a lie" after Taro said Nier was dead. As I said Square Enix was posting Nier related job listings just a few months before that video was posted, and I'm pretty sure I've seen some posted since the video as well. I don't think Square is dumb enough to abandon what has become one of their 4 biggest game series in terms of sales, with Automata selling 7.5m+ and Nier Remake selling 1.5m as of November 2022. A 3rd Nier is pretty much guaranteed to be a big seller, far bigger than Nier Remake, as remakes rarely have the sales potential of a brand new game in a franchise unless the game being remade was already a huge seller, and the original Nier was very niche, selling just 500k copies lifetime, Nier remake already sold more than 3x as many copies as the original Nier.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 May 2023