By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Not sure I like that last part, I've played some games like that before and it can be annoyingly difficult to find say a fetch quest item you need within a fairly large "mission circle" on the map without any additional guidance, or to solve a puzzle without any in-game guidance or tips at all, at times I've had to look up solutions on my phone in games like that which is extremely annoying as it is immersion breaking and immersion is key in a singleplayer game. 

Maybe it's not as extreme as I'm making it sound. Here's a JackFrags video that I watched where he went over a little bit more so you can judge for yourself.

Start at the 4:47 mark of the video.

Yeah, that seems like it could be a tad annoying at time. The hints there in the video do at least make it fairly obvious where each of the 3 dolls are hidden, one in the kitchen, one in the garden/greenhouse, one in the attic or on the roof, but there is some ambiguity there on those last 2 that could make it fairly annoying and time consuming to find them. 

I am also somewhat concerned that he described the character I wanted to play as more of a co-op support character in the video. I hope that isn't the case and that all 4 of the characters have options within their skill trees that make them viable in solo play. Arkane badly needs to release a skill tree calculator before launch, I'm a big theory crafter in games with skill trees like Borderlands and Diablo (already spent about 3 hours in the unoffocial Diablo 4 skill tree calculator and plan to spent alot more time in it ahead of launch). Since Redfall isn't getting an open beta for an unofficial skill tree calculator to be built from, it's entirely up to Arkane to release an official one before launch.

Around the Network

The game sounds and looks like a lot of fun. The main thing I cannot tell from the footage is the difficulty. I wonder how difficulty it will be with 2 to 4 players. Either way, I am liking the mood lighting and setting so more interested than I previously was to play the game.

Machiavellian said:

The game sounds and looks like a lot of fun. The main thing I cannot tell from the footage is the difficulty. I wonder how difficulty it will be with 2 to 4 players. Either way, I am liking the mood lighting and setting so more interested than I previously was to play the game.

One written preview I read described having some difficulty fighting just normal vampires, they said they didn't even have time to do a boss fight during the preview event and were already having some difficulty. However, problem is that preview could have been written by some critic like that Dean Takahashi guy that struggled with Cuphead's tutorial, lol. There is no way to know what the writer's skill level is without gameplay footage alongside it.

Oh modern CD Projekt, why are you such a mess? They just acquired Molasses Flood (The Flame in the Flood developer) 2 years ago ago and just announced they were working on a smaller Witcher side game a few months back when they also revealed Witcher 4 and Witcher 1 remake were in development, and now just months after the game was announced we are learning that the game might be cancelled or rebooted.

Thankfully, of the 3 Witcher projects in development right now, this one is the one the least amount of people cared about. They better not fuck up with Witcher 1 remake or Witcher 4 though.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Redfall looking to be a pretty meaty sized game! 

gtotheunit91 said:

I always said that Ninja Theory and The Coalition are the two best masters of Unreal engine. The things they pull off with it are insane. Xbox really needs to set up some satellite support studios for NT and TC whose sole purpose is to help the rest of the Xbox 1st party studios get the most out of Unreal Engine. Since Xbox seems bound and determined to use Unreal Engine for nearly every 1st party studio, Xbox needs to get a good Unreal Engine technology pipeline going so that all of their 1st party games on Unreal can look nearly as good as Hellblade and Gears do, SoD 3, Outer Worlds 2, Perfect Dark, Project Midnight, etc. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 March 2023

Bet MS aren't too happy with the creative director saying that now of all times. Not that I think it'll matter but not the type of story they want now lol.