By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22
trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

So, I guess this means Talon never could find a way to recover all of the lost posts caused by the hacker. What a shame.

Congrats on the new thread, hopefully we will eventually be able to surpass Jay's original Xbox Empire in post count this time.

All of the lost posts easily? No. We are still waiting for the last good backup (from about 2 years ago) to bring all of the posts for the users affected from that to the current site. That would restore a vast majority of the missing posts. After that it is about restoring the other missing posts one by one. The aren't gone, but a lot of the IDs related to them are missing. I believe the user and threadID are missing. 

Out of curiosity, is the team looking into getting a more......reliable and consistent backup source for the site? lol

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
trunkswd said:

All of the lost posts easily? No. We are still waiting for the last good backup (from about 2 years ago) to bring all of the posts for the users affected from that to the current site. That would restore a vast majority of the missing posts. After that it is about restoring the other missing posts one by one. The aren't gone, but a lot of the IDs related to them are missing. I believe the user and threadID are missing. 

Out of curiosity, is the team looking into getting a more......reliable and consistent backup source for the site? lol

The site was backed up daily, but the backup drive apparently was full and was causing the backups to be corrupted. JLauro has cleared space and I think fixed it from being an issue in the future. Plus the ability to completely remove a user and all their posts has been removed. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
gtotheunit91 said:

The site was backed up daily, but the backup drive apparently was full and was causing the backups to be corrupted. JLauro has cleared space and I think fixed it from being an issue in the future. Plus the ability to completely remove a user and all their posts has been removed. 

Gotcha! Hopefully some monitoring has been added to the drive so whenever it gets close to being full, everyone will be alerted and necessary actions can be taken. 

Glad to hear to what happened will not be a problem again thanks again to the whole team for the work y'all did!

Yeah, it was an unfortunate user error, the method is actually reliable, and we would have had a backup as recent as days old.

We deleted the account nuke feature which we created because of a spambot who used to spam people's walls and threads with "I want to fuck your pussy" Lol.

We'll just have to manually clean up if that dude ever returns.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 November 2022

gtotheunit91 said:
trunkswd said:

Gotcha! Hopefully some monitoring has been added to the drive so whenever it gets close to being full, everyone will be alerted and necessary actions can be taken. 

Glad to hear to what happened will not be a problem again thanks again to the whole team for the work y'all did!

Yeah it should be all good and safe for now. Otherwise the staff can just spam JLauro to remind him every month to make sure the drive doesn't get full. LOL

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Well I didn't get a chance to be there day 1 on the previous thread. Not passing up the opportunity this time.

Looking forward to carving out a larger spot this time.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

BTW I am going to recommend everyone check out Vampire Survivors. I've been playing it on PC Game Pass, but it just came out on Xbox Game Pass for consoles. It is a very simplistic game, but oddly addicting. 

trunkswd said:

New Xbox Empire hype!!! Let's get this to over 100 posts today!! 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Art Director on Fable.

(This isn't Fable art, it's just so good).

DroidKnight said:
trunkswd said:

New Xbox Empire hype!!! Let's get this to over 100 posts today!! 

Pshhhh 100? What was I thinking. Let go for 200! At like 60+ already and it isn't even lunch time here yet.