By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22
kenjab said:
Ryuu96 said:

YouTube

Does anyone else see every post in this thread after this one in all bold characters?  I'm set at 50 posts per page.

There are bold tags overflowing right after one of Ryuu's posts.

OT - yeah, deal seems dead now. I wonder if Activision's board could be persuaded to split the company into 2-3, Probably not.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
kenjab said:

Does anyone else see every post in this thread after this one in all bold characters?  I'm set at 50 posts per page.

There are bold tags overflowing right after one of Ryuu's posts.

OT - yeah, deal seems dead now. I wonder if Activision's board could be persuaded to split the company into 2-3, Probably not.

I don't think they have to. My understanding is that Activision won't need to because if Microsoft did accept a structural remedy, the transaction would still proceed as planned, Activision would still receive the full $69bn from Microsoft and it would then be on Microsoft to find a buyer for Activision after the transaction closes (or very shortly before).

So essentially, ABK's board is being paid out no matter what in the event of an approval, they don't have to do any of the work, that is all Microsoft's responsibility if they accept the structural remedies, therefore I don't think Activision's opinion will really be a factor here, if anything, they'd likely tell Microsoft to accept the structural remedy, it's all dependent on what Microsoft wants.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 February 2023

Surprisingly tame tweet from Lulu. Maybe the news isn't as bad as it seems, I'm so confused. She usually goes nuclear against bad news, Lol.

Wonder if there is actually a possibility of Microsoft accepting a structural remedy or if they really do believe they can offer a behavioural remedy appropriate to the CMA.

Bruh, Lol.

Supremely disappointed in the lack of expert commentary on the news this morning. I have no idea of the significance of this

Around the Network
aTokenYeti said:

Supremely disappointed in the lack of expert commentary on the news this morning. I have no idea of the significance of this

Seems like a lot are unsure, opinions ranging from positive to doom, I admit I dived into the doom but now I'm unsure myself.

I think it depends largely on if you believe CMA, Lol.

Do you think they're genuine about being willing to take behavioural concessions seriously?

Or do you think they will only accept structural remedies?

If you take what the CMA is saying at absolute face value, I see no reason why a remedy couldn’t be worked out.

If you look at their historical track record, that’s where the doubts come in.

But I am not at all sure which to believe

Not sure if this was posted yet so just in case in anyone missed it earlier:

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

CMA are an absolute joke just as I expected they would be. Their report is filled with factual errors and absolute nonsense.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 08 February 2023

kenjab said:

Not sure if this was posted yet so just in case in anyone missed it earlier:

Cities Skylines and Mount & Blade, nice get.