By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 17 77.27%

Live on the Surface 5 22.73%

Total:22
DroidKnight said:

~22.5 million lifetime hardware sales.

Those are estimated shipment figures from Welfare and not sell-through. With the Xbox Series S holiday bundle still available in some places they clearly overshipped for the quarter, so a rather large gap between the two isn't a big surprise. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/earnings/FY-2023-Q2/more-personal-computing-performance

"Gaming revenue decreased $684 million or 13% driven by declines in Xbox content and services and Xbox hardware. Xbox content and services revenue decreased 12% on a strong prior year comparable impacted by first-party game launches, driven by declines in first-party content and a lower rate of monetization in third-party content, offset in part by growth in Xbox Game Pass subscriptions. Xbox hardware revenue decreased 13% driven by lower price and volume of consoles sold."

Makes it sound like hardware sales are down year-on-year? 

Yeah but hard to estimate because its revenue, if you sell millions with the 50$ pricecut for the S it decreases revenue but could have sold more also the $ compared to other currencies has an impact.

I'm starting to lean on Starfield releasing Holiday 2023 now lol. Xbox gotta make up for this past holiday quarter!

konnichiwa said:
trunkswd said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/earnings/FY-2023-Q2/more-personal-computing-performance

"Gaming revenue decreased $684 million or 13% driven by declines in Xbox content and services and Xbox hardware. Xbox content and services revenue decreased 12% on a strong prior year comparable impacted by first-party game launches, driven by declines in first-party content and a lower rate of monetization in third-party content, offset in part by growth in Xbox Game Pass subscriptions. Xbox hardware revenue decreased 13% driven by lower price and volume of consoles sold."

Makes it sound like hardware sales are down year-on-year? 

Yeah but hard to estimate because its revenue, if you sell millions with the 50$ pricecut for the S it decreases revenue but could have sold more also the $ compared to other currencies has an impact.

Hopefully they will clarify this with their earnings call.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

RIP Xbox, Starfield is its last hope.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm starting to lean on Starfield releasing Holiday 2023 now lol. Xbox gotta make up for this past holiday quarter!

I'd say that the results probably mean that Microsoft will force Starfield out, Lol.

Redfall, Forza and Minecraft are good but they need a big gun out.

gtotheunit91 said:

They could have some other AAA ready for Holiday 2023 possibly, like Hellblade 2 or maybe something secret. Won't take much to be up over Holiday 2022 since they had zero noteworthy exclusives for Holiday 2022.

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

They could have some other AAA ready for Holiday 2023 possibly, like Hellblade 2 or maybe something secret. Won't take much to be up over Holiday 2022 since they had zero noteworthy exclusives for Holiday 2022.

Pentiment seems great but yeah, it would literally take a single AAA and it doesn't really matter what, Lol.

Plus 3rd party should be better this year.

Only concern is hardware. We'll have to see how hardware progresses through the year, even with big exclusives, Xbox has an uphill battle ahead of it.

Probably all irrelevant if ABK passes though. 😂

I wouldn't be surprised if hardware sales are down year-on-year in the first few months of this year.

Seems the expansion for ESO leaked + the location.