By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PSA: Digimon Survive is $17 now at Gamestop

Around the Network

Random VGC news article on a video I just started (6 seconds in):

@trunkswd 

3.1m views. You'd be famous now if you weren't already

Last edited by Barozi - on 24 November 2022

Spade said:

Looking like this deal is going to fall through unfortunately (fortunately for some). I don't think some of the forum people realize that leaves MS with what 55-60 billion of cash to burn. Subtracting a few for penalties.

Wonder what they could buy with 55 billion

Any wants?

If it falls through then MS have to go scorched earth and start picking up independent studios.

My list would be

• IO Interactive
  • Certain Affinity
  • Crytek
  • Asobo
  • Platinum Games
  • CyberConnect2
  • GSC GameWorld
  • Mundfish
  • Skybox Labs

I would love for them to go after Capcom I would prefer them over SEGA but wouldn't be upset at either one I also think that they should go after Pearl Abyss too. Avalanche Studios, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are owned by a parent company so that would be difficult but not impossible.

shikamaru317 said:

Ugh, I ordered Judgment for Xbox Series on a $10 Amazon Black Friday week deal, and it just arrived with the shipping envelope sealed, but no plastic wrap on the game case, the security seal cut, and the disc missing. Now I have to wait till Monday for a new copy to be delivered and return this one at a UPS Store. What kind of animal at the Amazon warehouse cuts open a game case, steals the disc, and then sends an empty case to the customer? Dumb too, should be easy for Amazon to figure out which employee in the shipping department stole the disc and fire them.

Damn that sucks, thankfully I have not had this happen yet to me when ordering on Ebay/Amazon. Hopefully this gets sorted out for you also imagine being stupid enough to risk your job for a game that is on sale for 10$ just buy a copy yourself at that point lol.

Spade said:

Looking like this deal is going to fall through unfortunately (fortunately for some). I don't think some of the forum people realize that leaves MS with what 55-60 billion of cash to burn. Subtracting a few for penalties.

Any wants?

Even though I’m not a fan of this Activision deal as I said right when it was announced (because I think that Microsoft could have spent 70m$ better, Actiblizz doesn’t have enough value for that price), I hope the deal goes through. Because it not going through will probably put the final nail in the coffin of any potential acquisitions by Microsoft. Not only Microsoft themselves would be less willing to acquire someone, fearing that they will get blocked once again, it will also create this narrative for FTC, CMA, etc. that Microsoft is already big enough.

shikamaru317 said:
Spade said:

Any wants?

Some of my personal most wanted acquisitions:

1. Sega (minus Sammy to make it even cheaper, spinoff the pachinko business as well as Sega's resort business and music label into the new Sammy, and just buy Sega and Atlus and their arcade business and maybe their anime studio, TMS Entertainment, as owning an anime studio could be useful)
  2. Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal- Acquire them plus their IP's from Embracer, even if it costs 2 or 3x as much as Embracer themselves paid for them
  3. Koei Tecmo
  4. CyberConnect2
  5. Avalanche and IO Interactive (assuming Contraband and Project Dragon are going well)
  6. Square Enix (this would be a good middle finger to Sony for hatting so many Square games in recent years)

Square Enix can be crossed out of this list. If ActiBlizz is blocked, Square Enix will get blocked as well. Because, you know, final fantasy players might switch to xbox. 

Around the Network

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 24 November 2022

It's funny in a sense, if the deal passes (it won't), everyone wins. In its current status the only people "winning" is Sony gamers with their exclusive content.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Microsoft spent to much, if it doesn't go through Activision relationship with Sony will sour.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 24 November 2022

This fucking guy.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 reaching for his banhammer after yet another SegaHeart spamfest: