By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 13 72.22%

Live on the Surface 5 27.78%

Total:18
VersusEvil said:

Don’t forget to create your profile on Wizardworld to link to Hogwarts Legacy as you’ll get pretty cool house theme cosmetics.

Yeah, I already deleted my old account from years back so that I could retake the official quizzes for Hogwarts Legacy. Used a 3rd party replica of the official quiz that gives percentages for each house before I took the official one again (the formula was cracked years ago), and found that I am what you would call a hatstall in the Wizarding World universe, somebody the sorting hat would have a hard time placing because they embody the values of more than one house, because my percentages for Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Hufflepuff are all virtually tied. Since in-universe the sorting hat takes the opinion of hatstalls into consideration when sorting them, such as Harry Potter choosing Gryffindor over Slytherin, I chose Ravenclaw for myself and picked Ravenclaw answers on the official quiz.

Also retook the wand and Patronus quizzes (though only the wand transfers into Hogwarts Legacy). For wand I got a 13", slightly bendy, Cherry wood with Phoenix feather core wand with a carved handle. For Patronus I got the Little Owl.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
smroadkill15 said:

If Arkane decides Redfall isn't a sustainable product and they shut the servers down or there are server issues, then players won't be able to play the game at all. That's the bigger issue.

Even if we are talking about keeping a good connection 24/7, not everyone has that luxury especially in less developed countries or rural areas. Voicing issues on social media or whatever doesn't take nearly the bandwidth as playing something online. Back in my college days I had a really shotty connection that made playing online very unstainable. Games like this would be off my radar completely because of it. Maybe watch the video if you haven't already. He does a good job explaining it. 

I hope the game is successful and I'm certainly going to be playing it when it comes out, but I don't blame people for not wanting pay $70 for a game that may become unplayable several years from now. I hope it doesn't of course. 

Its really not a big issue for MS because at the end of the day, this is a GP game.  Meaning that Redfall like other MS AAA games are here to push GP.  You always need a net connection when playing GP games.  MS expect a large sum of gamers on GP to play Redfall whether on PC, mobile, cloud or Xbox.  For Steam and people who do not have GP, it will be up to them if they care but most if not all PC games pretty much is running online all the time.  Even I have to say that this moaning about online for SP and MP just sounds like the usual suspects when it comes to anything from MS.  If your service is really that bad, then Redfall really would not be the game for that segment but then again neither would GP so MS isn't targeting that bunch.  

I do agree that the people who fear that the game could be shut down several years from now should hold on to their money.  There really never any real need to purchase a game day one.  If the game gets great reviews and is the type of game you like to play then it probably would be worth the money.  Either why, I just do not believe their is a large segment of gamers who go back to old games like this after 5 years or so.

If someone is playing the game via GP then I agree that being always online shouldn't be too much of an issue. I will add that GP users don't always need a net connection when using the service. It requires a check in at least every 30 days to verify which is understandable since it is a monthly service.

My issue is about what makes sense and what doesn't. Always online for Redfall doesn't make sense to me since it can be played solo. Then there is Sea of Thieves that has players always on a server with other players, even in solo. That makes sense. 

I'm really only an Xbox user so I certainly don't fall within the usual suspects category.

There shouldn't have to be a large segment of gamers to be able to enjoy a single player experience. 

It's okay if many of you don't agree with this stance. This is my last time talking about it. I just think making a game as accessible as possible is what studios and publishers should be striving for when it comes to single player. 

Personally, I don't care about internet required or co-op progression but I still think both should be changed, especially internet required.

Vast majority of games I'm a one and done, that Bethesda.net account requirement for Doom Eternal annoyed me more, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 February 2023

smroadkill15 said:
Machiavellian said:

Its really not a big issue for MS because at the end of the day, this is a GP game.  Meaning that Redfall like other MS AAA games are here to push GP.  You always need a net connection when playing GP games.  MS expect a large sum of gamers on GP to play Redfall whether on PC, mobile, cloud or Xbox.  For Steam and people who do not have GP, it will be up to them if they care but most if not all PC games pretty much is running online all the time.  Even I have to say that this moaning about online for SP and MP just sounds like the usual suspects when it comes to anything from MS.  If your service is really that bad, then Redfall really would not be the game for that segment but then again neither would GP so MS isn't targeting that bunch.  

I do agree that the people who fear that the game could be shut down several years from now should hold on to their money.  There really never any real need to purchase a game day one.  If the game gets great reviews and is the type of game you like to play then it probably would be worth the money.  Either why, I just do not believe their is a large segment of gamers who go back to old games like this after 5 years or so.

If someone is playing the game via GP then I agree that being always online shouldn't be too much of an issue. I will add that GP users don't always need a net connection when using the service. It requires a check in at least every 30 days to verify which is understandable since it is a monthly service.

My issue is about what makes sense and what doesn't. Always online for Redfall doesn't make sense to me since it can be played solo. Then there is Sea of Thieves that has players always on a server with other players, even in solo. That makes sense. 

I'm really only an Xbox user so I certainly don't fall within the usual suspects category.

There shouldn't have to be a large segment of gamers to be able to enjoy a single player experience. 

It's okay if many of you don't agree with this stance. This is my last time talking about it. I just think making a game as accessible as possible is what studios and publishers should be striving for when it comes to single player. 

I understand what your issue is, I just do not believe MS cares.  Redfall is a GP game just like all their AAA content, its designed to push GP.  GP is an online service that require you to be online.  Whatever the reason why SP require internet play simply isn't a concern to MS since their AAA content is for Pushing Subs.  Majority of gamers are not going to really care if the game require online play because the game appears to be primarily a co-op game and that is its target audience.  Yes, they say you can play SP but lets be honest, you do not build a game like this with all the different abilities for each character without its main design built for co-op.  Redfall can be played SP but just like the Boarderlands, its a much better game in co-op then SP.

Also lets be honest, being online for SP does not prevent you from enjoying the game.  Unless you believe you will be playing this game 10 years from today as a SP game maybe that can be a concern but in the short term is it really an issue.

Machiavellian said:
smroadkill15 said:

I understand what your issue is, I just do not believe MS cares.  Redfall is a GP game just like all their AAA content, its designed to push GP.  GP is an online service that require you to be online.  Whatever the reason why SP require internet play simply isn't a concern to MS since their AAA content is for Pushing Subs.  Majority of gamers are not going to really care if the game require online play because the game appears to be primarily a co-op game and that is its target audience.  Yes, they say you can play SP but lets be honest, you do not build a game like this with all the different abilities for each character without its main design built for co-op.  Redfall can be played SP but just like the Boarderlands, its a much better game in co-op then SP.

Also lets be honest, being online for SP does not prevent you from enjoying the game.  Unless you believe you will be playing this game 10 years from today as a SP game maybe that can be a concern but in the short term is it really an issue.

Let's be honest about something else too. Redfall is very obviously not a SP game. Just because you can play a game in SP, and the company tells you "no don't worry, it's totally still a classic SP experience," doesn't make it so. They say that because they'd still like to sell to those players. They say it because they know that some people are inherently dismissive of games that are designed ground up for multiplayer. But it's pretty clear to me, looking at Redfall, that it is clearly designed from the ground up to be a co-op game. If you put a gun to the lead designers head, and asked him how the game was meant to be played, he'd tell you it's meant to be played co-op.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Also retook the wand and Patronus quizzes (though only the wand transfers into Hogwarts Legacy). For wand I got a 13", slightly bendy, Cherry wood with Phoenix feather core wand with a carved handle. For Patronus I got the Little Owl.

I got Ravenclaw. My Patronus is a black swan. Wand is rowan wood, dragon core 14 1/4“ & slightly springy.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:
shikamaru317 said:

I got Ravenclaw. My Patronus is a black swan. Wand is rowan wood, dragon core 14 1/4“ & slightly springy.

Last edited by coolbeans - on 04 February 2023

me when the vgc wizards start talking about their springy dragon cores 

Barozi said:

As long as they make sure that the campaign will be playable once they shut down the servers, I don't care.
I won't buy the game so I need an active internet connection anyway to prove I'm a paying Game Pass subscriber.

This.