By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ice said:

Disappointing if true, I really wanted to see how creative they can get making a new IP with no established lore. With that said i'm also pumped for gears 7, maybe they can return to the smaller project when gears is done.

Idk if they'll bother? I mean, it would have been nice to see but the way Grubb describes it, is that its entire purpose for existing was to get them up to speed with Unreal Engine 5, would something like that really have deep lore? Or would it essentially be closer to a tech demo, something like Project Mara? If The Matrix demo did the job of this "new IP" then that really implies it wasn't a deep project to begin with.

I doubt they'll go back to this *specific* project after Gears 6 if Grubb's reasons for it existing are true but maybe they do *something* else after Gears 6, that will likely depend on if Gears 6 concludes the story or not. Really hope the Gears collection rumour is true though to fill the gap between now and Gears 6.

Around the Network

Definitely disappointed by that The Coalition news. I'm not a Gears fan and Black Tusk was opened to create the next Halo tier Xbox IP. Their first game was Shangheist according to the infamous ntkrnl leak. Then the chance to acquire Gears from Epic came along and Xbox leapt at the chance. Suddenly Shangheist is dead, Black Tusk becomes The Coalition, and now they have been on nothing but Gears ever since. Would have been cool to see them try a new IP, even a small one.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 02 February 2023

Kind of expected something like this to happen eventually, unannounced projects are cancelled all the time, we don't hear about it, because they're unannounced. Xbox has really got to fix its leak issue when they have leakers leaking titles which haven't even enter Pre-Production yet and are just a codename, leaking stuff the moment they sign the contract, Lmao.

You should be prepared for this to potentially happen again to one of the dozen of unannounced projects and I know it's less Xbox's fault but people aren't going to stop leaking this stuff so Xbox should absolutely fix their leak issue because it creates unnecessary negative news which wouldn't have existed otherwise.

shikamaru317 said:

Definitely disappointed by that The Coalition news. I'm not a Gears fan and Black Tusk was opened to create the next Halo tier Xbox IP. Their first game was Shangheist according to the infamous ntkrnl leak. Then the chance to acquire Gears from Epic came along and Xbox leapt at the chance. Suddenly Shangheist is dead, Black Tusk becomes The Coalition, and now they have been on nothing but Gears ever since.

Like I said to Ice, if how Grubb describes it is true (and he is the only leaker who leaked it) then it wouldn't have been that anyway. Sounds honestly like it was closer to a tech demo than a game, something akin to Project Mara, it's not a terrible loss if the entire reason for it existing is now irrelevant because Coalition feels they have the experience.

Having said that, I still enjoy Gears but I would love to see Coalition try something new after Gears 6 as long as it concludes on a satisfying ending, leaving the possibility of future entries but not an annoying cliff-hanger, then they can try something new (which isn't just to get them experience on UE5, Lol) and then return to Gears a little later if they want.

But I still enjoy Gears so I wouldn't mind them continuing it, whatever they want to do is fine with me. I do think it is a little stagnate from a sales perspective though but I don't know if I should care about that if I enjoy the IP...Plus Xbox doesn't have to rely on Halo/Gears/Forza anymore so Gears can continue as a moderate success, I feel it has already hit its ceiling.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 February 2023

ice said:

Any good ones here? The first batch leaving gamepass in feb

was semi interested in crossfire at one point but haven't heard good things about it 

I enjoyed Skul.

Around the Network

Buckle up lads, the fate of the deal rests on this report.

In my mind I've given up on this deal going through but my heart still hopes it can be passed. xD

Hope so then when can stop hearing about this once and for all.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Design Director of The Master Chief Collection from 2017 - 2023 (the revival years) has been promoted to Studio Design Director of 343i.

First Pierre, now Max. Wonder if he'll bring his whole team over now that TMCC is pretty much done with.

Bit interesting to see how the 343i publishing team is now running the show, Pierre and Max. I feel like they've long been ignored but the 2017+ MCC team have absolutely done a much better job than 343i's core team did with Infinite and they did that juggling working with multiple partners to come back and fix quite frankly a disaster then added far more than anyone ever expected, MCC is a GOAT collection and they deserve their promotion.

It was probably Jeff Fudge who leaked those 2 smaller games. MS should start cleaning house of these people sending him info.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 03 February 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition